Japanese IT company seeks for Junior Accountant
Title: Junior Accountant
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Location: Plano, TX
Employment type: Temp (3 months) to Hire
Experience level: New graduate to 2-3 years of Accounting experience preferred
Work Hours: 9am-6pm
Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for daily and some for monthly closing. Assist in the preparation and distribution of financial statements with help. Assist with documentations of rules and procedures for internal control. Assist with special projects for accounting assigned by management.
• Prepare and review journal entries for monthly closing.
• Perform accounts receivable (AR) functions and process accounts payable (AP) invoices as daily operation.
• Set up payment by online banking, issue checks and cash management with help.
• Assist in vendor and customer adds, change and deletes with help.
• Handle AP and AR customer inquiries, special billing requirements and discrepancies.
• Manage and maintain company’s fixed asset, attach asset tags, update asset listing, check condition of each asset
• Assist in monthly accounting close cycle and Tax Levy.
• Assist in monthly closing including preparation and entry of journal entries, Payroll and General Ledger computer systems
• Keep the management informed of issues and activities related to accounting systems.
• Nurture a work culture that promotes open, frequent and dynamic communication among staff, stimulating teamwork to accomplish desired goals and objectives.
• Additional functions like admin tasks may be assigned by the upper management if needed
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. Communication Proficiency.
2. Problem Solving/Analysis.
3. Collaboration Skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; stoop; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 5% travel.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor's degree is a must. 2-3 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience in accounting
Knowledge & Skills & Ability:
1. Journal Entries, Accruals, M/E & Y/E close, Fixed Assets, and Various
2. Proficiency in Microsoft office (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint)
3. Knowledge of sales administration is a big plus.
4. Excellent organization & time management skills.
5. Reliable to complete tasks by a target date and maintain a professional work ethic & demeanor in all interactions
6. Ability to lift boxes containing computers and filing folder box up to 20 lbs.