ENTRY LEVEL ACTUARY ANALYST
Actuary & Medical Recruiting is recruiting for Entry Level Actuary positions with requirements as follows:
The Actuarial Associate will provide employee retirement benefit services to clients under the guidance of actuaries. The actuarial associate will play a role in managing client relationships while also handling basic administrative tasks and routine projects. Responsibilities of the position include general support to the consulting actuaries and other members of the team.
An important part of an actuary’s professional development involves advancing through a series of exams offered by the SOA and CAS. Our companies can provide you with up to 115 paid study hours per exam along with opportunities to take review courses, financial support for CAS exams and VEE courses, on-site quiet rooms for studying and an exam coordinator to assist with exam processes. As you pass your exams, you may be eligible for raises and first-time passing bonuses!
Assist in preparation of recurring basic actuarial valuation and compliance work for qualified retirement plans of assigned clients, including:
- Actuarial funding valuations
- Accounting valuations
- Government form preparation
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of materials for clients
- Provide analysis and assistance on special projects
- Provide input to actuary and / or consultant on appropriate steps to complete required work
- Work with the consultant to understand how his or her work fits into the overall project
- Take initiative to improve process involved with assigned clients and disseminate information and ideas to the responsible consultant and staff
- Provide proper notification of significant issues that should be brought to the attention of the responsible Actuary or Senior Consulting Actuary
- Observe formal peer review policy
- The commitment to take and pass exam P1, with preference given to candidates who have passed more than the minimum of one exam
- Prefer 0-2 years relevant benefits experience, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree a plus)
- Strong technical skills, previous IRS funding valuations, (calculations required under PPA, funding, and accounting rules preferred), preparing government forms, valuation data preparation, and more
- Ability to judge multiple projects with evolving priorities
- Self-motivated and able to effectively work with a high degree of autonomy
- Strong analytical, communication, (written and oral), and organizational skills
- Strong team player
- Some computer programming knowledge useful (such as Access, SAS, SQL, C or C++, or other programming language)
- MUST HAVE PASSED OR BE WILLING TO TAKE AND PASS THE FIRST ACTUARY EXAM P1
A competitive base salary, plus a performance-based incentives bonus tied to the overall business performance. The firm offers an outstanding and comprehensive benefit package.
Actuary & Medical Recruiting recruits actuaries for prestige companies working in employee benefits, healthcare, life insurance / financial services, and property and casualty insurance. The firms we recruit for are all well-respected firms that have quietly earned a reputation for exceptional services, innovation, and quality. Many of these companies have been in business for over 60 years. We present qualified actuaries to some of the nation’s most highly regarded providers of retirement plans and services to the full spectrum of business, financial, and government and union organizations.