Temporary Environment Artist-Treyarch
We are looking for a top-tier Environment Artist to join our studio. We desire someone who ambitious about their craft and is dedicated to high quality production values. The ideal candidate will also be a dedicated team player and be flexible to the day-to-day needs of the project.
What you'll be doing:
- Model and texture realistic, modular, hard-surface and organic set pieces and props for a diverse set of environments using cutting-edge art tools.
- Create realistic materials using physically-based shaders for use on architecture and terrain.
- Proactively work with level layout designers to deliver on gameplay functionality while achieving aesthetic goals.
- Work from photo reference, style sheets, and concept during the art creation process.
- Adhere to the aesthetic and technical standards set by the Art Directors and Environment Lead.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
The skills & experience you'll need:
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience as a 3D artist.
- A portfolio demonstrating the ability to execute a diverse range of environments including hard surface props, weathered architecture, destruction, and organic assets.
- Working experience creating a diverse range of photorealistic set pieces, props, textures, and materials that push the limits of game development hardware.
- Strong understanding of proportions, scale, and surface properties.
- Proficiency at sculpting surface detail using Zbrush, and Autodesk 3D packages to create high resolution models for baking down to game-ready assets.
- Proficiency creating clean and efficient models, proper UV layouts and tiling textures for video games
- Working experience using Adobe Photoshop to create photorealistic textures based on concepts and/or photo reference.
- A good understanding of physically-based shaders and the ability to achieve the desired surface qualities across a variety of environment assets.
- Work well in a large team environment, be proactive, and have excellent communication skills.
- Skilled at time management and balancing art quality versus performance in the game engine.
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- A passion for making great games
And you'll really get our attention if you have:
- Experience creating materials using Substance Designer, 3D painting packages to paint models, and Photogrammetry.
- Experience with SideFX Houdini
- Experience assembling and lighting environments in Radiant, Unreal, Unity or a similar level editor.
- Experience creating block-outs for outsourcing.
- Research and develop experience for next generation game development.
- Shipped AAA game(s)
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Call of Duty: Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III, and the studio's most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty's Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch , and @treyarch on Twitter.