Job Title:Production Coordinator
Reporting To: Senior Director, Production
Department: Production Team, Mobile
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision is seeking a Production Coordinator to assist our Mobile team in achieving our quality and creative goals for our next game. The Production Coordinator will work closely with our Product Managers and Producers to maintain milestone schedules, track feature and content status, and communicate team progress to the rest of the studio. The Production Coordinator will gain insight into our AAA game production processes and play a key role in facilitating those processes to provide our teams with what they need to excel. The role of Production Coordinator requires candidates to be excellent and persuasive communicators, capable of dealing with a wide variety of internal and external partners. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and willing to take on any challenge that will help their team. Production Coordinator candidates must thrive in a challenging and ambiguous environment, take direction well, and be calm under pressure.
Some of the responsibilities may include:
- Capturing meetings notes and action items
- Updating of Jira tickets
- Production testing of releases
- Review/assess builds
- Capturing and updating build notes
- Liaise with Customer Support regarding resolution of open issues.
- Find opportunities to help your team focus on doing what they do best.
- 0-2 years of experience in game, film, or technology development.
- Desire to pursue a career in game production.
- General understanding of project management fundamentals (e.g. scheduling, tracking, reporting).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience with a variety of project management tools (JIRA, Confluence, Shotgun, Microsoft Project experience a plus).
- Took on a role as Producer/Project Manager for a creative project (e.g. school project, indie game, film, commercial, etc.).
- Knowledge of specific project management methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, etc.
- Active video game player across a variety of genres, especially Mobile F2P games.
- Proficient in Mandarin and/or Japanese; both written and verbal
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years-as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they'll tell you it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty, Skylanders, and Crash Bandicoot.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Employment Type: TEA/Fixed Term Contract (Fixed Term)