- Analyze business needs and translate those into specified capabilities, features, user stories, and acceptance criteria
- Work with the business representatives and the Business Solution Manager of the assigned team to understand needs of the business and design solutions
- Create user experience and integration prototypes
- Establish the responsibilities for major components across systems components in one or more software applications
- Establish the high-level Solution Intent in collaboration with customers, stakeholders, and suppliers
- Develop, analyze, split, and realize the implementation of technical and functional work, working with portfolio stakeholders and development teams
- Provide solutions using modern application, integration and database technologies
- Assist in the validation of the economic impact of proposed designs to ensure that the total cost of ownership is acceptable relative to the usage and benefits generated by the solution
- Define and support implementation of portfolios and programs to achieve solution intent by working with development teams
- Accountable to the Business Solution Manager for establishing the technical & non-functional requirements in advance of program increment planning
- Accountable to the Business Solution Manager for ensuring designs are economically feasible relative to the benefits expected from a solution, that scope is maintained and solution is implemented
- Accountable to the Enterprise Architect for ensuring that designs support the company’s enterprise current and future state architecture
- Accountable to Development Team leads to clearly articulate non-functional requirements and associated component responsibilities across a solution
- Accountable to Development Team leads to ensure that proposed design is feasible to implement (e.g. proposed components have production quality infrastructure support)
- Decide the non-functional requirements necessary to meet scale, performance, fault tolerance, and security objectives of the company
- Decide on the cost levels, both one time and ongoing, required to fulfill non-functional requirements of the solution
- Decide the enablers required to realize capabilities and/or features for a program increment
- Decide the percentage of release train velocity required to implement enablers during each program increment
Knowledge & Experience
- 8-10 years direct experience in enterprise-level applications
- Proven experience in application architecture with emphasis on manufacturing,
- Proven experience in developing enterprise and solution level architectural designs and documentation for application developers
- Proven experience in overseeing the linking of cross-functional applications between disparate business units and systems.
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping.
- Must be comfortable with modern application, integration and database technologies
- Preferred skills include experience with data warehousing concepts and technologies.
- Experience with Agile Framework SAFe, writing user stories and helping lead story mapping
- Technically fluent in programming languages.
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated integration tools
- Knowledge of relational database design and management techniques.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Confidence and experience with API architectures using REST and SOAP web services”
- Knowledge of network protocols and standards
- Strong understanding of end-user needs and requirements.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.