Product Support Engineer Tier 2 (Software)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Active Navigation
Active Navigation is a data privacy and governance software company with a mission to empower organizations of any size to understand and remove risk from their data, wherever it is.
Our products are recognized as industry leading, providing unique file analysis capabilities for the discovery, transformation and ongoing control of data wherever it lies in the enterprise. We are headquartered in Reston, Virginia and have offices in the UK and Australia.
We are seeking a Product Support Engineer (Tier 2) to provide technical support to our customers in support of our proprietary software. In this role you will analyze and resolve customer concerns and problems, diagnose the root cause, and document interactions. These issues would be those escalated from Tier 1.
· Deliver second line (technical) Support to our customers and partners and assist with first line support where needed.
· Coordinated with our product development team to reproduce, diagnose and fix second-line issues to meet our service level agreement obligations.
· Develop expertise in troubleshooting and resolving problems with integration with our customers’ Microsoft stack environment.
· Develop and improve our resources including knowledge base articles, training materials, and product downloads library.
· Assist in planning and successfully deploying our Discovery Center product to our customers.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Extensive knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s production processes.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to serve as a liaison with developers, project managers, and customer support.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Self-motivation, enthusiasm with an excellent work ethic.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
· Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in information systems, engineering, or a related subject.
· Three years of related experience is required.
· Strong technical foundation and experience in the use and administration of Microsoft Windows Server (including Internet Information Server) and SQL Server technologies.
· Experience in troubleshooting Active Directory and NTFS file share permissions.
· Experience working with cloud repository administration i.e. MS SharePoint, MS OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.
· A disciplined and thorough approach to technical problem-solving.
· In addition to the above, exceptional candidates will have experience of:
o Software support or help desk environment either in an enterprise or software vendor environment.
o Windows virtualization and networking; particularly SQL and SSAS connectivity to related domain servers.
· Eligibility to work and live in the United States.
ActiveNav is a fast-growing enterprise software company with global recognition as a leader in the file analysis market. We are a company filled with people from around the globe who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best customer experience. We’re friendly, collaborative, high-energy, and fast-moving with that start-up culture feel.
2000 Edmund Halley DrReston, VA
BusinessView all jobs at ActiveNav