We are seeking a Registered Dietitian to join our team!
1 day per week 9 am - 2pm
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Under the administrative direction of the Program Director, provides assessment of nutritional needs of the Adult Day Health Care participants; develops and implements nutritional care plans and evaluations, and reports these results; acts as a consultant to the Program Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Advises on the preparation of modified diets.
2. Develops and implements a plan of care for participants based on assessment of nutritional needs, dietary histories, and correlated with other health plans.
3. Interviews participants and their families regarding food habits and preference for guidance in planning diets.
4. Counsels participants and their families in nutrition principles, dietary plans, food selections and adapts plans to the individual’s lifestyle.
5. Evaluates nutritional care and provides follow-up, as necessary, for continuity of care. Reviews all diets, including therapeutic diets, every 90 days.
6. Coordinates dietary service and nutrition service within the construct of the Adult Day Health Care Center. Coordinates nutrition services within the center and with the meal provider.
7. Communicates appropriate dietary history and nutritional care data, through accurate and on-going notations and appropriate dietary records.
8. Provide nutrition education and appropriate in-service training relative to the nutritional care of center participants.
9. Complies and maintains educational materials and uses them as aides in nutritional education.
10. Evaluates food service at the center for conformance to quality standards and dietary prescriptions.
11. Reviews all therapeutic diet orders upon admission and every six months thereafter.
12. Provides a written record of the frequency, nature and duration of the regularly scheduled visits. Documents treatments provided for each participant.
13. Develops and approves menus for all meals, between meal nourishment and therapeutic diets. Approves all menu substitutions.
14. Participates in the Multidisciplinary team as needed.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Must have current CPR and First Aid certifications. Must have had a TB clearance within the last 12 months or within 7 days of employment.
1. Knowledge of current concepts in therapeutic and clinical nutrition; of the techniques of dietary assessment; and of the development of nutritional care plans.
2. Registered as a Dietician with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.