Under the supervision of the Program Director this position is responsible to keep the building in clean and orderly condition. We are looking for a Part-time person to work afternoons from 1pm -4pm or 2pm -5pm daily.
Will perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish. Duties may include performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs, and cleaning debris from sidewalk.
1) Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing them.
2) Gather and empty trash.
3) Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
4) Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
5) Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
6) Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
7) Clear debris from grounds.
8) Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
9) Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
10) Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events.
11) Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
12) Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
13) Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
14) Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems.
15) Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions,