Active Hospice Care is seeking Part Time and/or Per Diem Hospice Social Worker. Hospice Social Worker will provide supportive and medical social services to terminally ill patients and their families in accordance with an appropriate plan of care. The Social Worker will assume responsibility for the development, implementation, and management of psycho-social services provided to hospice patients and families in the home care or residential setting.
- Assess patient/family social and emotional factors in order to estimate their potential to cope with terminal illness and death.
- Provide psychosocial counseling and support to the patient/family experiencing emotional, social and economic conflict.
- Assist patient/family and staff in utilizing community resources.
- Assess patient/family financial and insurance status and assist with appropriate resources as indicated.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team (IDT) meeting to establish, review and revise the plan of care for each patient, including exchange of information, review of problems, and sharing of professional support.
- Responsible for maintenance of electronic medical records, assuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with regulations, certification standards, legal and ethical standards.
- Identify and address comfort care needs in collaboration with other members of the hospice team.
- Support, instruct and educate the patient, family, and caregiver.
- Coordinate all patient and family services.
- Consult and collaborate with the interdisciplinary team and others involved in the patients care.
- Master's of Social Work is required from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Licensure and/or Certification as required by the state.
- Minimum one year experience in Hospice or Home Health.
- Demonstrated understanding of Hospice philosophy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver's license, auto insurance, and reliable vehicle.
- Must be able and willing to travel locally within assigned territory.
BILINGUAL IS A PLUS
Our goal is to provide the highest level of care and improve the quality of life for our patients during their terminal illness. We strive to minimize and eliminate all pain and other symptoms of suffering by patients, and for all the family members to be able to cope most effectively with a terminally ill loved one.