Technical Product Manager (Data Collection Agent)
- Posted: over a month ago
ActivTrak is a cloud-based platform that provides productivity insights into how teams work, improving employee and customer experience, while also enabling better business outcomes. At ActivTrak, we recognize the powerful link between these two concepts and we're on a mission to understand it more every day. Alongside 9500+ paying customers, our team uses the platform internally to assess team and organizational performance, hone product features, develop best practices, streamline processes, invest in new innovations, and promote a culture of immediate feedback and transparency.
We are a fast-growing, agile company with a forward-thinking, inclusive culture. Our teams are encouraged to collaborate daily to solve challenges, create and champion new ideas, and execute initiatives that help global customers and their modern workforces succeed by working better together.
What you will do:
You will have the opportunity to lead the product direction for our data collection and enrichment platform. Our activity collection agent is lightweight, resilient, highly scalable (currently deployed at 400,000+ computers and growing quickly), and supports Windows, Mac and Chromebook. We are looking for a seasoned Technical Product Manager with strong experience managing complex end-point data collection solutions.
- Drive the data collection vision & roadmap. Lead the vision, prioritization and roadmap of our data collection agent & enrichment solutions.
- Idea Innovation areas. Identify new areas of opportunity to collect work activity, contextual information and insights.
- Be accountable for the end to end success of the products under your management. Define the metrics, processes and monitoring systems to measure and ensure high reliability of our agents across our customer base.
- Be customer-obsessed. We believe understanding the customer experience across pre and post sales activity helps our team build amazing products that solve real problems. Getting to know our customers and the challenges they face through conversations, research, and engagement with our community, will be a powerful input into this role.
- Be a bridge between the development team, customers, and other internal teams to ensure customer value is delivered with pace
- Be exceptionally pragmatic. Working in a start-up environment requires that youll be able to make the right trade offs to progress projects while balancing constraints and input. Were looking for a candidate that can be pragmatic and has the ability to make decisions based on data to translate business needs into requirements and user stories.
- Care deeply about your own productivity. Through understanding your own productivity and the productivity of those around you, you gain better insight into our customers challenges. Were looking for someone who wants to talk openly about their own productivity successes for the purpose of innovation and performance elevation.
- Work & collaborate with a high performing team of product managers, designers, engineering, customer support, and marketing.
Were looking for an experienced Product leader that has the following characteristics:
- 4-6 years of experience as a Product Manager with at least 2 years experience managing endpoint data collection agents or products
- Hands-on expertise on highly technical solutions and infrastructure systems (e.g. operating systems, security, networks, etc.)
- Curiosity and passion for problem solving (conceptually and analytically).
- Growth mindset, humility, and a burning desire to own your domain and your work.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and collaborate with different teams towards mutual goals.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience technical support and/or systems engineering will be considered a plus.
- BS/BA required, MBA preferred.
- Position is remote first within US
- Minimal travel may be required when traveling restrictions are lifted
- Limited physical demands
This is an incredible opportunity to embark on an exciting journey with a dynamic, VC-backed company. If you have a positive attitude towards urgency, risk, and challenges that comes with working in a startup environment, then you will be a great fit! To see the many faces of ActivTrak, visit https://activtrak.com/our-team/.
ActivTrak is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. ActivTrak does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. #LI-REMOTE
BusinessView all jobs at ActivTrak