Teach Elementary Students at Activ8 Learning Center!
Activ8 Learning Center is a boutique tutoring center in Newport Beach. Our niche is working with children with learning differences, although we work with the general education population as well. Each session is completely customized to meet the student's individual needs.
Our passionate instructors are certified, and our expert approach is personal and prescriptive-- tailored with each individual child's needs in mind. Our talented employees experience daily the impact they make. Join us, and be inspired! We are currently seeking bright and ambitious teachers to teach our elementary students typically in reading and writing. All considered applicants must be a credentialed teacher or currently finishing the credentialing program. A background or training in special education or training in reading programs such as Orton Gillingham is not a requirement but a bonus for any applicant. In addition to tutoring, we are looking for teachers to be on our substitute teaching list for our Academy for grades 1-4 that runs Monday-Friday 8:30-1:30pm .
To be considered for the position, you MUST be outgoing, patient, compassionate, responsible, and relatable to the children. At Activ8, your primary responsibilities are: one on one tutoring and lesson planning/prep for each student. As a part-time Activ8 Instructor, you will be trained on the Activ8 curriculum and given the tools to prepare for each day. As a part-time Instructor you will need to be available between the hours of either 9-2pm or 3pm - 6/7p.m (there is flexibility here) Monday– Thursday. If you are passionate and compassionate, then we want you on our team!
· Work with students, staff, parents and teachers to develop a tutoring plan that fits the student's individual needs
· Prepare tutoring sessions to ensure academic development for students
· Develop a rapport, motivate students and create a fun learning environment during instruction hour
· Communicate with teachers and parents
· Offer assistance developing study strategies
· Monitor progress throughout tutoring sessions
· Participate in tutor training and development sessions
· Exhibit patience and positive attitudes to establish an encouraging learning environment
· Communicate student needs to the center manager
· Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching
Qualifications and Skills
· A teaching credential or currently finishing the credentialing program is required
· Previous teaching or tutoring experience required
· Demonstrate passion, knowledge and competence in curriculum K-6th
· Be able to explain concepts to others effectively
· Effectively communicate study strategies to ensure academic success
· The ideal candidate MUST BE Reliable and Proactive: multi-tasker, outgoing, punctual, well organized, and an individual who is eager to work in a highly dynamic school setting
· Highly skilled, motivated, versatile, dependable, and dynamic individuals with strong communication skills.
· Friendly, patient, and sensitive to the needs of a diverse student population
· Good time management, communication and organization skills
· Candidate must possess a love for teaching
· Work comfortably with parents, students and teachers
Knowledge of IEP plans and 504 Plans for struggling students
If you want to be a part of a fun, friendly, growing and inspired organization that believes in fostering knowledge and empowering children - apply today
Activ8 Learning Center
Why Work Here?Activ8 Learning Center is a boutique tutoring and advocacy firm that specializes in children with learning differences. We help boost the confidence of hundreds of children by giving them the skills to succeed at home and in the classroom.
Awesome CEOs, great pay, fulfilling job
Newport Beach, CA