- Prepare and process daily cash and credit card deposits;
- Review and post receipts and payments to appropriate ledgers, spreadsheets, records, and databases;
- Prepare, sort, copy, file, and mail invoices, receipts, checks, correspondence, and other requested items;
- Audit invoices against purchase orders and research discrepancies, calculate required tax withholdings;
- Prepare accounts payable checks;
- Investigate problems vendors or Global Sourcing Specialists have with obtaining payment for bills;
- Research and process charge backs, returns, refunds, freight charges, cost of lost or damaged goods, bad checks, and similar items;
- Answer accounts payable and receivable inquiries;
- Audit freight bills against freight manifests;
- Analyze vendor accounts and negotiate extended terms with vendors when cash is restricted;
- Prepare analysis and summaries of accounts;
- Monitor accounts payable and/or receivables to ensure payments are accurate and timely;
- Reconcile unvouchered payment accounts;
- Support audit requests;
- Assist in monthly and annual closings;
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air;
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree from two-year college or technical school; or at least one (1) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of accounting, spreadsheet, word processing and email software.
NOTES from hiring manager:
Contract assignment in Lake Mary, FL that is anticipated to last 6 months to 1 year, conversion from contractor to employee may be possible in the future.
- Data entry, coding invoices, expense reports
- Looking for someone able to multitask, work independently and with a team
- Candidates with SAP or ERP system access experience preferred but not necessary
- Excel experience desired but can be taught.
- Recent grad or certification in Accounting, or 1 year of related experience desired