HVAC Install & Field Technician
Who is Action Target?
Action Target has the creativity and drive to develop innovative new firearms training technology, the experience to properly apply that technology to solve today's training problems, and the dedication to provide the best ongoing service and support in the industry! We are the best of the best. You should check out our YouTube page – see the amazing stuff we're doing!
What's in it for you?
- A pretty cool industry where you will get to work with and interact with some very unique and cool customers.
- Competitive wages.
- A chance to grow in a positive working environment with an outstanding team and make a difference!
- Outstanding Benefits-We offer benefits to fit everyone's budget! All full-time employees have access to Health Benefits, Telehealth, Matching 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, PTO, and Paid Holidays.
- Industry Perks- As a community of outdoor and shooting enthusiasts, we are passionate about our gear. Working with our industry partners we have obtained discounts for our employees on firearms, targets, optics, range passes, and many other products.
- Cell phone and per diem allowances
- Traveling and working, seeing different training ranges!
What will you be doing?
You will plan, direct, and coordinate, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of Ventilation systems for Shooting Ranges. You will be responsible for the installation and set-up of range ventilation control systems throughout the country. You will also handle after-sales service and support functions for previously installed range ventilation customers.
What do you need to be able to do?
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics and operation/product manuals
- Connect wires to electrical components as needed for a complete and operational system.
- Place conduit, pipes, or tubing, inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring or equipment using testing devices, such as ohmmeters or voltmeters to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Diagnosis system problems remotely and troubleshoot with customers over the phone.
- Assemble, install, test, trouble shoot or maintain electrical or electronic wiring or equipment using hand tools or power tools.
- Work with sub-contractors to coordinate the installation of ventilation controls.
- Become familiar with the range ventilation equipment and assist in troubleshooting when a system has problems.
- Perform equipment air balancing to a specified airflow measurement.
- Coordinate with design firm, client, Project Manager and sales.
- Verify accuracy of specifications and drawings to project needs.
- Confer with owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Assist Project Manager to select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project.
- Travel to various sites to verify site conditions and coordination meetings as necessary (includes access to restricted bases and foreign countries)
- Travel 50% of the time
What qualifications do you need?
- Associates degree in a related field is preferred
- HVAC 2+ years (Required)
- HVAC Controls experience (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- RMGA (Preferred)
- EPA (Preferred)
- Niagara AX certification (Preferred)
- Proficient in use/knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be comfortable working with computers and learning new programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.