MD Electric-Action Security has been servicing the needs of residential and commercial customers in Delaware for over 20 years. We are looking for an experienced electrician and/or alarm technician to assist in maintaining the security systems, and electrical work, for our ever growing customer base.
- Ability to work alone in the electrical field in commercial and residential setting; there will be new installation work and troubleshooting.
- Installation, programming, troubleshooting, upgrading, and testing of security equipment in homes and businesses.
- Training clients on operation and functionality of installed system(s).
- Accurately completes all necessary paperwork, including work orders, time sheets, truck maintenance logs, etc.
- Safely operates company vehicle and ensures it is maintained according to manufacturer’s and company’s specifications.
- Maintain the appropriate basic hand tools necessary to perform required duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- A current driver's license.
- Delaware Electrical License (Journeyman or Masters)
- Pass a Delaware State Police background check.
- Pass a drug screening.
- Experience in fire alarm systems, home automation systems, CCTV, access control or electrical is a bonus.
- Knowledge of local and nation codes.
- Experience with brands such as, but not limited to: GE, Honeywell, Elk, HAI, Silent Knight, Napco, AES, Telguard, 2Gig, Geovision, Hikvision, and Continental Access.
- Minimum three years of prior security experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot efficiently and effectively.
- Able to work in residential and commercial environments.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, walking, driving for long periods of time, working from high places, climbing ladders, navigating through small tight spaces, and the ability to lift up to 50-80 lbs. without assistance.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Clear communication with co-workers and office staff.
- Organization skills in keeping paperwork up to date and maintaining your company vehicle.
- Must be able to take a job from the design stage and see it through accurately and efficiently to completion via blue prints, diagrams and verbal instructions.
- Compensation will be based on level of experience.
- Full time position.
- This position includes a fully equipped service van and power tools.
- A cellphone can be made available to you upon request.
- Simple IRA with company matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid holidays.
- Paid vacation.
Resumes and questions can be emailed or faxed to (302) 224-8179. Please note which brands of alarm system equipment you are most comfortable dealing with, any trade licenses and certifications you currently hold and what your requested salary is. Applicants without experience will not be considered.
We also offer alarm monitoring services, camera systems, access control, fire protection, and much more!