Learning Center Mentor
Salary Range: $18,000 to $30,000 per year depending on location and experience
Positions available: 4th, 5th, & 6th grades
Location: 5155 E. 64th Ave. Commerce City, CO 80022
Contact: Please send resume to Mr. David Gramajo - email: email@example.com
Reports To: Learning Center Director
- Facilitates a positive, productive educational experience and environment for students by assisting with daily lessons and monitoring classroom activities both online and offline.
- Works with the support, direction and coaching of the HOPE Online Learning Academy Co-Op (HOPE) Teacher and assists in creating progress reports and developing learning plans.
- Regularly collaborates and communicates with the Teacher on student progress and behavior issues.
- Provides both discipline and encouragement within an inviting learning environment designed to accommodate group and individualized instruction.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting attendance and student activity ensuring that students are learning.
- Communicates student progress and behavior issues to the Director, HOPE teacher and parents as necessary.
- Attends required HOPE training and meetings.
Experience and Education:
· High School Diploma / GED and passed the WorkKeys formal assessments for the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act; or
· Associates or higher degree; or
· Two years study (60 credit hours) at an institute of higher education; and
· Experience working at a school or daycare, and/or working with at-risk children
· Bachelor’s degree
· Teaching Certificate
*If you are not a licensed educator, HOPE will support all Mentors in becoming one. Grants may be available to assist in the cost of obtaining a license.