Senior Facilities and Operations Project Manager
- Expired: January 22, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pay Range: Up to $115,000 per year
The Facilities and Operations Project Manager plans, directs, and supervises all operations and projects. Manages and leads the overall operations team, including all technical, administrative, financial, and client satisfaction areas using consistent processes.
The Facilities and Operations Manager shall provide supervision and administrative leadership for facilities and programs during all hours of operation and oversee daily operations management of multiple spaces to ensure a safe and functional environment in order to contribute to the missions of the agencies that occupy the facilities.
Experience: The successful Facilities and Operations Project Manager shall possess 4 years of experience (within the past 7 years) in building mechanics and preventative maintenance in facilities of at least 900,000 sq ft. and knowledge of systems related to:
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS);
- large chiller plants;
- low pressure boilers;
- computerized fire alarm systems;
- emergency generators;
- high voltage switchgear;
- Building Automation Systems
- HVAC systems
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the day to day operations of the facilities under contract
- Ensuring project Safety/Security
- Manage the preventative and reactive maintenance programs for all facilities utilizing Maximo based CMMS systems
- Assists in developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop detailed plans to track special projects
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and, techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Ensure contract compliance
- Following established and/or developing methods and standards
- Recruitment/Staffing/Management/Employee Relations/Supervision of employees
- Task train all contract employees on proper, safe, efficient, effective use/handling of all tools, equipment, methods, chemicals, devices, apparel, procedures, processes.
- Plan, organize and supervise maintenance and repairs performed by building staff. Responsible for maintaining and improving buildings
- Responsible for buildings quality control. Inspects facilities and work areas to eliminate deficiencies
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of maintenance procedures and programs and makes changes to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Review employees work hours to verify accuracy and approves payroll
Job Experience Requirements:
- The Facilities Operations Manager shall possess at a minimum at least 4 years of recent (within the past 7 years) experience in the management and supervision of building mechanical maintenance operations for large commercial office buildings.
- Experience in a building of a similar size (900,000 sf)
- Experience in using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Experience directing or supervising mechanical operations and maintenance in buildings.
- Ability to obtain a government security clearance, upon hire
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to write and deliver reports
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Ability to organize and prioritize job duties and assignments
- Ability to work in a team environment and be a leader
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively utilize available resources to maximize productivity
Bilingual (English/Spanish) skill preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
Action Facilities Management, INC (AFM) - is a Woman-Owned Small Business and a Minority Business Enterprise that was established in 2001 to provide government and commercial clients in 11 states and the District of Columbia. AFM's core competencies are in the areas of integrated facilities management such as operations and maintenance; janitorial support; security support; emergency management, and administrative assistance.
Action Facilities Management, Inc.
Real EstateView all jobs at Action Facilities Management, Inc.
Get fresh Manager Facilities Operations jobs daily straight to your inbox!