HVAC Technician, Licensed, TS Clearance
- Posted: over a month ago
- $45 Hourly
Pay Rate: $44.96 per hour plus $4.23 per hour towards Health and Welfare.
Perks: Company vehicle provided with E-Z Pass and gas card. If employee is required to pay for parking at a job site, AFM will reimburse the charge.
Active Top Secret Security Clearance is required
Action Facilities Management, INC. (AFM) - is a Woman-Owned Small Business and a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) established in 2001 that provides services to government and commercial clients in 11 states and the District of Columbia. AFM's core competencies are in the areas of Integrated Facilities Management such as Operations and Maintenance, Janitorial Services, Security Services, Emergency Management, and Administrative Support.
The Licensed HVAC Technician will be assigned to a variety of work tickets including troubleshooting, repair, replacement (in part or in whole) of HVAC systems. The HVAC Technician will be required to travel between local sites with company provided transportation.
Must be familiar with large commercial facility equipment such as chillers, pumps, air handlers, split systems, package systems, CRAC units, VAV terminal boxes, fan coil units, hot water and chilled water applications.
Work Location: Work will take place at various locations in the National Capital Region
Required Experience and Education:
- At least a Journeyman Level skill certification issued by State or Local jurisdiction.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years of field experience relative to the troubleshooting, servicing, repairs, maintaining, installation and commissioning of a wide variety of HVAC equipment.
- TS/SCI Clearance Required.
- Ability to possess and maintain a Top Secret security clearance;
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and e-mail applications
- Ability to organize and prioritize job duties and assignments
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively utilize available resources to maximize productivity
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret miscellaneous drawings and schematics.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
Indoor/ Outdoor Exposure
Action Facilities Management Inc
ConstructionView all jobs at Action Facilities Management Inc