Advanced electrical and mechanical maintenance responsibilities for all processing and plant support equipment including, but not limited to, extruders, compressed air systems, process water systems, plant vacuum systems, feeder systems, dust collection, and die exhaust systems. Troubleshoot and maintain complex electrical systems, including motor, feeder, and extrusion control systems, HMI’s and variable frequency drives.
Perform instrumentation and electrical maintenance functions which include but are not limited to the following:
- Follow all APNA safety guidelines and procedures; plan safety into projects and tasks
- Continuously work to improve the safety and efficiency of operations
- Preventative Maintenance and repair of all processing and support equipment
- Demonstrates initiative by proactively addressing communications and other issues
- Works with contractors during equipment repairs and improvements
- Operate PIV equipment (forklifts, scissor lift, articulating boom truck, portable hoist, cherry picker, etc.)
- Document repairs / PM’s with eMaint system
- Maintain a clean and professional work area
- Functions with minimal supervision in a teamwork orientated environment
- Ability to interpret and update electrical drawings
- Troubleshoot and maintain complex equipment controls systems up to 480v
- Train other maintenance personnel on I&E systems and personal areas of expertise
- Adhere to arc flash safety standards
- Advanced Electrical and Mechanical Preventative Maintenance and repair of all processing and support equipment
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Licensures, and Certifications)
- Minimum: High school diploma with ten years related work experience
- Preferred: Technical school training or equivalent with five years related work experience
- Valid driver license
- Advanced electrical troubleshooting proficiency
- Program Variable frequency drive systems
- Interpret and edit PLC and machine controls systems
Work Environment / Physical Demands / Travel
- Stands and walks most work hours
- Must be able to work at heights up to 30 feet, lift and carry up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, bend and twist in order to reach remote equipment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, protected status, Veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Why Work Here?
Hiring due to Growth! Great training and safe place to work!