Cloud Operation Engineer - Austin/Remote
Actian Corp Round Rock, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a Cloud Operations Engineer who will be responsible for the stability, uptime and availability of Actian's Cloud environments. This person will Provide customer facing operations support for Actian Cloud environments as well as other hosted services. They will also work with Corporate IT Administrators as needed to support and provision Cloud environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works with Cloud Developers on the design, implementation, and maintenance of production environments. Assists with the design, implementation, and maintenance of development environments.
2. Manage the transition strategies and processes related to promoting production-ready systems.
3. Monitors and maintains production environments.
4. Maintains and updates the repository of process documentation.
5. Ensures that documented SSAE Policies and Procedures are followed and enforced.
6. Reviews current and future environment designs and executes initiatives to reduce failures and defects and improve overall performance.
7. Knowledge of elastic and highly available architectures
8. Maintains and ensures the readiness and availability of disaster recovery environments.
9. Performs off-hour change controls and assists in defining processes related to production releases.
10. Automates tasks and gathers data using scripting languages.
Job Competencies (Dimensions) and reasons needed:
1. Requires knowledge of computer networks, hardware, and systems software.
2. Requires knowledge of cloud computing environments (Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure)
3. Requires knowledge of monitoring systems like Nagios, Zenoss or SumoLogic
4. Requires knowledge of TCP/IP networking and DNS, LDAP, NFS and SMTP.
5. Requires knowledge of LINUX and Windows operating systems.
6. Knowledge of RDBMS systems such as MySQL and SQL Server.
7. Knowledge of configuration / orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Terraform, etc.
8. Knowledge of code management tools such as Git, Jenkins, bitbucket, etc.
9. Knowledge of load balancing and high availability architectures.
10. Requires skill in one or more of the following languages: Python, bash, and/or SQL, Java.
11. Requires the ability to write and present effective materials, including presentations, status reports, technical diagrams, and flowcharts.
12. Requires the ability to use problem-solving techniques, such as root cause analysis, to resolve issues.
Normal open office environment with some after-hours/on-call work required. May require some lifting and/or carrying of computer equipment.
The position description information above and the following job level requirements have been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the subject position(s).
AddressRound Rock, TX
TechnologyView all jobs at Actian Corp