Head of Science
ActiGraph Pensacola, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
ActiGraph is an international leader in the development of validated medical-grade wearable solutions used to measure physical activity, sleep, and behavior patterns in the broader global academic and pharma research communities. We are a family-oriented team doing cool, innovative work to help patients around the world live longer, better lives!
We are seeking a Head of Science to lead the effort of creating a robust algorithm offering for our customers who need support in bringing new and novel methods of continuous data measurement to their patients. This role will be responsible for developing a library of fully validated sensor-based algorithms as part of ActiGraphs digital endpoint strategy.
We are looking for an individual skilled in human subjects research who is passionate about developing or validating motion sensor-based algorithms (i.e. accelerometers and gyroscopes). Equally important to this role is the curation and supporting analytical validation of the numerous peer-reviewed publications referencing ActiGraph endpoints for the purpose of developing productized data packages supporting our targeted therapeutic areas. We hope you'll consider joining us in our mission to help patients around the world live longer, better lives.
The essential duties and responsibilities for this role include:
- Translate corporate vision of ActiGraph as a leader in the science of actigraphy into a roadmap of products that support that position.
- Work with academic experts to operationalize relevant peer-reviewed algorithms and methods for actigraphy-based measurements in a timely fashion.
- Develop and execute processes for data/algorithmic validation using the V3 framework.
- Develop protocols and lead execution of human subjects research to support development of new algorithms or validation of existing ones.
- Collaborate with software development teams to implement algorithms for use in active clinical trials.
- Lead new efforts to collaborate with outside parties to develop new and novel validated sensor-derived algorithms.
- Be a hands-on leader and contribute to building and productionizing data science models and algorithms for business analytics and consumer facing applications.
- Work with clients, during pre-sales efforts, to ensure appropriate application and delivery of actigraphy and algorithmic endpoints in support of the defined clinical protocol(s).
- Work alongside internal product management leads to align the release of new algorithms with the release of new hardware/software/firmware products.
- Lead applied research and build state-of-art data science solutions for complex customer centric business problems.
- Be a key driver in bringing innovative ideas to the table that are backed by robust analysis, models and insights.
- Stay up-to-date with data science tools and methodologies in technology and kinesiology domains.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and translate business problems into technical requirements.
- In addition to other duties as assigned.
All responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the ActiGraph core values, standards, policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good Clinical Practice experience.
- A background in data sciences or relevant education.
- Relevant experience in patient recruitment and algorithm development.
- Project management skills.
- Experience building and leading a team (internal and/or external) responsible for building, scaling, and deploying algorithmic, statistical, and machine learning models.
- Experience coaching and mentoring capable data scientists (internal and/or external) and continuously drive them to achieve higher levels of excellence.
At ActiGraph, we do our best to offer benefits and a work environment that is positive, fun, and tailored towards the needs and feedback of our team members. We do so by offering:
- A casual "dress-code" environment
- Pet friendly offices
- A family-oriented and collaborative workplace
- Paid time off (including paid time off for your birthday)
- And a very generous suite of benefits including: medical, dental, vision, basic/life accidental, short/long term disability, identity theft, 401K (plus a match), supplemental insurance options, AND tuition reimbursement
- Also, flexible work options are available for this position