Warehouse Worker Material Handler
Acro Service Corporation Sterling, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Warehouse Worker to join the company, a premier supplier, in Sterling, VA. While working in this clean, and not climate-controlled facility you will have the opportunity to be directly involved in the evolution of the industry. The position offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits options (medical insurance with BlueCross and BlueShield, 401k through Principal Financial and more!). Come work for a company that has been consistently recognized among the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For. Immediate interviews are available, apply today!
Record Center Specialists have to kneel, squat, reach, and bend forward frequently throughout their shifts. Their primary tasks include the moving, arranging, lifting and loading of storage boxes, bins and totes. Boxes, bins and totes range in weight from 24lbs to over 100lbs. Employees move boxes manually and via hand carts.
Protective footwear is required and shall meet ASTM F2413-11 “Standard Specification for Performance Requirements for Protective ( Safety) Toe Cap Footwear” and have a slip-resistant rating designated as “Better or Best”
Job Summary/Work Schedule
Normal Work Schedule: 5 days a week, 9 hours a day including 30-minute lunch and two 15-minute breaks.
Description of position and job requirements:
Employees process orders and move boxes of files, books, binders, backup tapes and other materials. The work is very physical requiring the manual lifting, carrying, and moving/arranging of boxes while standing, stooping, crawling, kneeling and twisting. Employees must be able to lift and carry boxes ranging in weight from 10-50lbs on a regular basis, without assistance. Employees must be able to load and safely operate hand trucks and pallet jacks while walking on uneven and concrete surfaces.
- Walk, stand, kneel, squat, stoop and bend for extended periods of time
- Work without assistance in order to grip, lift, push, pull, and carry boxes including up and down inclines, stairs, and over changes in walking surface/elevation
- Read and write English
- Lift and move boxes, read labels, and process incoming and outgoing orders.
- Use the proprietary computer system to track orders and determine the location of boxes
- Operate hand held scanner
- Climb and balance on ladders
- Lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 lbs. without assistance for prolonged periods
- Employee must be able to load, operate and move hand carts, pallet jacks and various other material handling aids
- Load and shrink wrap pallets at ground level, or on carts
- Load boxes onto pallets and load pallets onto trucks manually and with material handling aids
Acro Service CorporationWhy Work Here?
Consistently recognized among the Best & Brightest Companies to Work For in the U.S. Connecting people to opportunity is our business!
With almost four decades of experience as a proven industry leader, Acro continues to be consistently recognized among the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the United States. As an international professional services firm with deep expertise in consulting and staff augmentation offering a variety of solutions including MSP, VMS, RPO, HRO (and more), Acro operates across North America, Europe, and Asia from over 30 locations. Acro’s client portfolio includes some of the most well-known names in business and provides services across all verticals including technology, aerospace, energy, automotive, government, and manufacturing. To learn more, please visit www.acrocorp.com.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Acro Service Corporation