Principal Cloud Services Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Principal Cloud Services Engineer
Department: Information Technology
Location: Remote, Hybrid, Onsite
Acrisure is a fast-growing fintech leader that operates a global insurance broker. The Company has grown from $38 million to $3.9 billion in revenue since 2013 and deploys the best of Human and Artificial Intelligence (AI) at scale to reimagine financial service product distribution. Acrisure employs over 14,000 employees across thirteen countries.
Led by co-founder, Chairman and CEO Greg Williams, Acrisure provides a broad array of insurance and financial related solutions, including commercial property and casualty, personal lines and employee benefits insurance, real estate services, cyber services and asset and wealth management. Acrisure’s massively valuable, high margin distribution network combines the strength of trusted advisors with growth and efficiency enabled by AI.
As a Principal Cloud Solutions Engineer within Acrisure's IT department, you will be tasked with solving the most critical technology challenges the business faces. You will be called on to work collaboratively between IT silos and business functional units to design, deploy, and support Acrisure's technology portfolio. The work you will do is important and will support the tremendous growth that is cementing Acrisure as an industry leader.
- Your daily focus will consist of time managing between multiple priorities, including both operational and project workloads. You will be expected to balance your tasks centered around achieving the highest value in a way that best utilizes your time.
- You will support, implement, and oversee initiatives of all sizes. You will play an instrumental role in the design of Acrisure's cloud solutions, collaborating cross-functionally with technology architects.
- You will act as a point of escalation for cloud related issues.
- You will take every challenge as an opportunity to innovate.
- You will identify ways in which we can optimize technology and process. You understand that these options will align with best practice, and a business case will be needed to relate the need to business objectives.
- You will spend an appropriate amount of time documenting our technology solutions for internal knowledge sharing using both established and new platforms.
- You understand this description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
- Practical understanding of cloud design and best practices on platforms such as Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.
- An understanding of the cloud migration “6 R’s” and when each applies.
- Hands on experience migrating workloads to public cloud solutions using tools like Azure Migrate, Sharegate, and BitTitan.
- Hands on experience supporting IaaS, PaaS, and serverless workloads.
- Expert knowledge and design sense with Azure Active Directory and Microsoft Windows Active Directory.
- Experience with cloud storage designs including solutions such as Azure Blob or Azure Files.
- Experience with managing Azure Virtual Desktop.
- Expert domain experience in one of the following areas: Windows OS, networking, security, or storage.
- Experience HA designs and disaster recovery planning
- Automation focused skillset with proficiency in at least 1 scripting language such as Powershell, Python, or Go as well as an understanding of common data interchange formats like JSON or XML.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Relevant industry recognized certifications such as AZ-104 and AZ-140
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Compensation
- Industry Leading Healthcare
- Savings and Investments
- Charitable Giving Programs
- Offering hybrid work option
- Opportunities for Growth
- Educational Resources
- Generous time away
Acrisure is equally committed to supporting social issues. In 2021, the Company co-founded Evolution Advisors, a joint venture whose Founding Partners include Acrisure, Russell Wilson and Ciara, and Russell Westbrook. The venture focuses on providing greater access and more effectively distributing insurance products and financial services to minority-owned enterprises. Additionally, in its home of Grand Rapids, Acrisure provided $15 million to create the Acrisure Center for Innovation in Children’s Health at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital.
For more, visit www.Acrisure.com or learn more here.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressGrand Rapids, MI
EngineeringView all jobs at Acrisure LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?