Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. To fuel that growth, we have another exciting opportunity as a Customer Service Representative with Britton Gallagher, an Acrisure Agency Partner.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for handling all incoming billing and eligibility phone calls and for serving as the primary customer interface for departmental inquiries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures quality customer service for internal and external customers:
- Responds to incoming customer service requests, both verbal and written.
- Identifies and assesses customer’s needs quickly and accurately.
- Solves problems systematically, using sound business judgment.
- Partners with other billing and eligibility department representatives to resolve complex customer service inquiries.
- Monitors delegated customer service issues to ensure timely and accurate resolution.
- Applies appropriate communication techniques when responding to customers, particularly in stressful situations.
- Informs and educates new customers regarding billing/invoicing set up and billing/payment procedures.
- Places outgoing phone calls to complete follow-up on customer service requests as necessary.
- Processes member terminations (i.e. phone disenrollment).
- Establishes and demonstrates competency in eligibility, billing and receivable systems and associated applications. Implements customer service strategies and recommends related improvements/enhancements.
- Maintains timely, accurate documentation for all appropriate transactions.
- Consistently meets established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards.
- Keeps management abreast of all outstanding issues.
- Adapts procedures, processes, and techniques to meet the more complex position requirements.
- Seeks involvement in continuous quality improvement initiatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or the recognized equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 3 year of customer service experience in the Insurance Industry.
- Must possess an active P&C license.
- Basic Surety knowledge is preferred but not required.
- Basic knowledge of PC’s Microsoft Office Outlook Word, and Excel.
- Experience with agency management systems is preferred.
- AMS 360 experience is preferred.
- Must be organized, and detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to stay focused on multiple tasks and see each one through to completion.
- Work well with others and openly share information and resources.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.