Business Insurance Client Advisor (Hickok & Boardman Insurance Group)
- Posted: over a month ago
Hickok & Boardman Insurance Group is an industry leader in New England and upstate New York. Recognized as one of Vermont’s Best Places to work for five consecutive years, our growing organization has an exciting opportunity for an experienced business to business sales professional!
If you are driven, have a need to connect with and help people, and would like to engage your entrepreneurial skills, the Client Advisor position at Hickok & Boardman is a perfect fit.
As a Business Insurance Client Advisor, you will provide critical guidance to our clients to assist them in securing the appropriate insurance coverage and risk management services. If you are comfortable selling to larger businesses in a consultative manner, we want to talk with you.
This position allows you to operate as if you had your own business, within the framework provided by Hickok & Boardman Insurance Group. The Client Advisor opportunity is more than a sales position; we are looking to hire future leaders of our organization.
Hickok & Boardman Insurance Group is a well-established business. We are 200 years old! We’re passionate about our high level of engagement with our clients, insurers, employees, and our communities. Our employees describe us as “supportive of employees both personally and professionally”. We are often referred to as the “H&B Family” because of our positive atmosphere and exceptional teamwork.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record in business-to-business sales, holds a bachelor’s degree, possesses an incredible work ethic and a high level of energy, and is self-motivated.
Hickok & Boardman Insurance Group offers a compensation plan with high earnings potential and a progressive benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve objectives established in annual Client Advisor sales plan
- Prospect for new business from existing clients and identified target groups
- Contact and qualify prospective clients for the purpose of examining current coverage and determining insurance needs
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including survey data and loss history
- Develop and deliver formal proposals of insurance including details of coverage, limits, deductibles, and other pertinent information
- Collaborate with Business Insurance Account Service Manager to ensure complete company submissions and account service, including claims issues
- Anticipate future needs for established client to renew and upgrade accounts
- Maintain production reports and attend all sales meetings as required
- Develop long-term relationships with clients and underwriters
- Promote agency and insurance industry in the community
- Keep informed regarding industry information and marketplace changes to continuously improve knowledge and performance
- Develop positive working relationships with clients and company personnel
- Work as a team with other staff members to achieve production and agency goals
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- College degree preferred
- Must be willing to pass P&C Producer’s exam to secure agent’s license
- Minimum of three years of business-to-business sales experience, required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Agency Management Experience preferred
- Able to work independently and enjoy a high degree of interaction with team members
- Self-motivated and driven
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication, including the ability actively listen, and problem solve with minimal assistance
- Demonstrates excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- When in the office, work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office. Ability to work from home if needed.
- Workstations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Medical, Prescription, Dental, 401k plan, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, and Tuition Forgiveness and generous amounts of paid time off.
To Executive Search Firms & Staffing Agencies: Acrisure does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Acrisure’s property, and Acrisure will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting Acrisure’s Human Resources Talent Department.
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Acrisure LLC