Benefits Account Administrator (VAST)
Acrisure LLC Marquette, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Located in Marquette, Michigan, VAST is an insurance and risk management firm that was originally founded in 1885 as Sidney B. Adams Real Estate, Insurance and Loans. The business has evolved over the past 130 years into the successful organization you trust today. VAST is a leader in business, personal, and benefits insurance needs. VAST partners with its clients to provide protection and security through strategic thinking and risk management solutions. Our team attracts the top talent in the marketplace due to its “Blue Culture” approach.
The Benefits Account Administrator is responsible for providing prompt, accurate, and courteous support services to clients and co-workers. The essential functions of the position include service to clients by handing policy inquiries, changes and billing inquiries over the telephone or electronically.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to Account Managers and Account Executive specifically in assisting with client coverage changes
- Assists with new group installations, quotes, completes membership changes and renewals
- Ensure proper documentation of work that is completed while maintaining accurate information/records
- Process non-pay notices and contact clients prior to cancellation of coverage.
- Maintain workflow and meet deadlines
- Rate life, health, disability, annuity and long-term care quotations
- Review quotes to ensure they match the benefits requested on the RFP
- Complete and properly fill out application paperwork and group wide change information for company
- Managing the marketing co-op with agency partners
- Review spreadsheets for accuracy
- Oversee “scrubbing” of all enrollment applications
- Maintain updating renewals in the agency management system
- Document in the agency management system and assign tasks as needed
- Handle requests by clients, carriers, immediate notify COO/CCO of escalated issues
- Maintain awareness of new developments or changes with the various carriers and new Federal/State Laws they may affect how our clients must administer benefits programs
- The Account Administrator will assist Account Manager and Account Executive to develop employee benefit summary drafts to communicate the following; annual renewals changes, enrollment procedures, miscellaneous benefit changes and/or clarifications
- Fulfilling request for supplies for clients and for preparation of open enrollment communications
- Tracking receipt of ID cards, booklets and contracts
- Initiation of contract changes and/or plan amendments at the direction of the Account Managers and Account Executive
- Verification of accuracy of client plan documents
- Assistance preparing the for employee education meetings
- Photocopying and general administrative support of the Team
- Develop client/carrier contact sheets
- Establish effective working relationship with Internal Team, clients and carriers
- Work with Team and carriers to ensure accurate and timely response to all outstanding issues
- Respond to requests from all partners by stated timeframes
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Enter and maintain all client data in Agency Management System, including revenue and commissions
- Assist Team in addressing and resolving client issues involving claim and administration
- Assist the Account Managers and Account Executive with client marketing, including preparing benefit comparison and cost spreadsheets
- Make a positive contribution to customer satisfaction and constantly strive to improve service to the customer
- Protect the confidentiality of information learned by performing the duties of the position
- Attend company, division, and Team meetings, as required; participate in ongoing industry training (HIPAA, CEBS, etc.)
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s degree with one to three years of insurance related experience is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in customer service or insurance related field is also required
- Must obtain Michigan Health & Life License within 30 to 90 days of employment
- Travel is seldom and primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area overnight travel may be expected
- Demonstrate strong PC skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of Agency Management Systems and Acrisure Resources
- Must be organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task and be efficient with verbal and written communication skills
- Must also have the ability to work with others
- Must have a high level of problem-solving skills. Maintain a professional image
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature controlled, non-smoking office environment
- Work stations are open-aired cubicles
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- There may be some travel associated with this position
- High level of interpersonal or informational complexity is faced
- Subject to many interruptions
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
Together with our Agency Partners, Acrisure is reshaping the insurance industry. Be a part of that evolution and join the Acrisure community, either as part of our Home Office support teams or within one of our Agency Partners. Visit our website to see available job openings in insurance, accounting, account management, and more. https://lnkd.in/eT2F7tn
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Acrisure LLC