Benefit Analyst (Keyser Insurance Group)
- Posted: over a month ago
At Keyser Insurance Group, an Acrisure Agency Partner, we love taking care of people. You might even say it’s our passion. It’s why we take time to pour over the details, reading all the fine print — you know, the stuff no one else reads — which helps us design the best employee benefits strategies the industry has to offer. In everything we do, innovation and execution are always top of mind.
Is your favorite movie “Analyze This?” Do your friends constantly tell you that you always over analyze everything? If you answered yes to either of these questions, we’ve got a job for you!
Keyser Insurance Group is looking for a Benefit Analyst to get, analyze, input and report client-/carrier-specific group benefit program data for medical and ancillary carriers in self- and fully insured markets, and provide annual benchmarking reports to account executives for key clients.
If you want in on that action, we want to talk to you.
What you’re going to do
- Provide analytic support through regular (monthly, quarterly, annually) reporting on client policies, including HRA utilization, excess claims, membership, disruptions reports, cost and stop loss analysis
- Build and maintain positive relationships with Keyser colleagues and clients, insurance carriers, vendors, and retained subject matter experts
- Contact carriers to request monthly and ad-hoc reports by carrier, line of coverage and client
- Review commission schedules on a regular basis to ensure Keyser is all revenue that was earned
- Create reports (including spreadsheets, charts, graphs, etc.) so others can follow logic that determine how the numbers were developed and ascertain the assumptions that were used
- Work within defined deadlines for completing quote spreadsheets and provide updates when exception anomalies occur in the bid assessment and review process.
- Build relationships with carriers to help expedite information processing
- Demonstrate knowledge of carrier plans, with a primary focus on area-rated, fully insured, and self-funded medical and ancillary benefits
- Follow up with carriers regarding reporting requests and/or questions
- Maintain proper filing and documentation processes using Keyser systems and procedures (e.g. annual commissions at renewal, carrier reports and more)
- Create and assimilate benchmarking reports
- Support development of best practice templates and make updates as needed.
- Manage and execute other projects as assigned
The Qualifications You Need
- Bachelor's degree in finance, mathematics or other related area preferred
- Two to three years of experience working in employee benefits
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in the rest of the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under extreme pressure with tight deadlines and while simultaneously managing multiple projects.
- Effective time management skills, including ability to:
- Work independently and collaboratively
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy
- Work with team members from all levels of the agency
- Self-prioritize workload; and
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities.
What We Offer
- A culture of teamwork, positivity and caring. When we say we love taking care of people, that includes our team, so we work hard at this.
- Work-life balance that’s right for you.
- A seat at one of 2020’s West Michigan’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For
- Benefits and rewards that enable you to:
- Manage your health
- Improve your wellness
- Make your financial future more secure; and
- Learn and grow as a professional
Acrisure is committed to employing a diverse workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To Executive Search Firms & Staffing Agencies: Acrisure does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Acrisure’s property, and Acrisure will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to Hiring Managers without contacting Acrisure’s Human Resources Talent Department.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Acrisure LLC