Administrative Assistant (Mills Insurance Services)
- Posted: over a month ago
Since 1935, Mills Insurance Services has provided the best insurance agency plans at the best prices, operating out of Southern California. Mills uses a computerized comparative rating system powered by the latest technology to gather the best auto, business, health, home, and life insurance rates.
Mills Insurance Services, an Acrisure agency partner, has a current need for a full-time Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant provides support to the Management Team, Producers and Account Managers. The Administrative Assistant is also responsible for coordinating and implementing the required clerical and word processing functions of the office, to generate accurate and timely work product and to assist in the maintenance of files in all phases of activity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform typing duties as required, including preparation of proposals and various correspondence
- Database Management (Applied)
- Data Entry
- Export reports from (Applied/TAM) customer database and edit spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel
- Answering phones and directing calls in a professional manner
- Receptionist duties as required
- Document conversion to Adobe format as required
- Manage and update Adobe Acrobat based web applications
- Prioritize workflow to meet deadlines
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or the recognized equivalent, required
- Minimum of 3+ years previous clerical/administrative experience in a professional office setting, required
- Minimum 2+ years' insurance experience is preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, Adobe Acrobat and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of customer database programs (Applied/TAM Experience is helpful)
- Minimum 70 wpm typing speed
- Strong Attention to Detail and Proofreading Skills
- Ability to produce high quality work in a fast paced environment
- Work as a team member to achieve department goals and overall company goals
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, communication and grammatical skills
- Ability to work independently of continuous supervision and stay focused on the project at hand
- Ability to take direction and/or constructive criticism well
- A positive outlook and desire to learn and grow with the organization
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office. This is NON-REMOTE position
- Open layout, desks with stand-up option
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Acrisure is committed to employing a diverse workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To Executive Search Firms & Staffing Agencies: Acrisure does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Acrisure’s property, and Acrisure will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to Hiring Managers without contacting Acrisure’s Human Resources Talent Department.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressYucca Valley, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Acrisure LLC