ACRES Real Estate & Property Management is looking for an experienced mobile Property Maintenance Technician / Handyman. This position handles the day to day maintenance requests related to the general upkeep and improvement of the small to mid-size residential buildings and single family homes through out Seattle, South King, and North Pierce counties. Tasks will include, but are not limited to, general building maintenance, tenant work orders, and unit turnover work, including painting, clean-up, indoor/outdoor upkeep of buildings and homes, light electrical/plumbing, and carpentry projects. We are looking for a person with strong trade skills who can work independently and who presents a professional organized image, is detail-oriented, and a self-starter. The right applicant will be someone who enjoys a fast-paced schedule and takes pride and ownership in all aspects of the work.
* General day-to-day maintenance and tenant service requests of small multi-family buildings and single family residences;
* Prepare apartments and houses for tenant move-in;
* Unit turnovers;
* General upkeep of interior/exterior of the properties, basic construction and repairs, deliveries, furniture/appliance moving and installation;
* Clean grounds, offices, common areas;
* Complete various handyman and general labor tasks on more involved real estate projects, listings, and investments (fix and flips, de-winterization of foreclosures, pre-listing, post inspection work, etc.);
* Maintain clear and organized records of work performed, time tracking, and materials required including receipts, pictures and detailed before & after description of all work done;
* Evaluate and determine cost-effective solutions for each service request and communicate estimated cost and time to complete to office staff;
* Work with manager to evaluate, hire, and supervisor additional maintenance techs to fulfill increased volume of work orders as company continues to grow.
* 3+ years of general residential trade/maintenance/handyman experience required, prior experience working with multiple fee managed single family houses and small-mid size multi-family properties preferred but not required;
* Experience in multiple trades with a basic understanding and knowledge of general maintenance, including carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, appliances.
* Ability to work independently or with a team, and take direction from managers;
* Excellent communication and people skills in order to maintain a high level of customer (tenant/owners) satisfaction;
* Required to be available for emergency maintenance calls (after hours / weekends) if necessary.
* Extensive mobility and excellent physical condition; (ability to climb stairs, ladders, access crawl and attic spaces when necessary)
* Ability to lift 75 lbs. necessary for installation, removal of appliances and delivery of construction materials to the job sites;
* Tolerance to all extremes of hot, cold, wet weather, as may be necessary;
* Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of general maintenance equipment and following tools:- Hand tools: Various wrenches, screwdrivers, grips, sledge hammer, hammer, snips, post hole diggers, saws, etc.- Power Tools: Wrenches, grinder, sander, drill, saws, etc.- User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, stepladders, full ladders, double ladders.- Mechanical Equipment: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand-powered augers, etc.
* Must have own general maintenance hand and small power tools;
* Must have dependable vehicle to transport tools and equipment to properties, vendors, supply stores, dump, etc. (truck and competency towing trailer preferred but not required). Must provide proof of liability insurance for same with bondable and valid driver's license.
Job Type: Part time/Full time available. Subcontractor or Permanent employment available.
Compensation starting at $25+/hr, depending upon experience. Benefits available for full time W-2 employees.