- Posted: over a month ago
AcreTrader is looking for an experienced analyst or financial professional to join its farm team. The Investment Analyst will assist the team in identifying and educating agricultural professionals to partner with and bring investment opportunities to the AcreTrader platform. AcreTrader’s financing model strives to create a mutually beneficial relationship between growers and investors on the AcreTrader platform. The candidate should be advanced in financial modeling and demonstrate the ability to conduct primary research on various crop types, including gaining an understanding of both economic and agronomic factors affecting farm profitability and returns. In addition to financial modeling competency, candidates should have the interpersonal skills to build on AcreTrader's existing network of farm operators.
We are looking for candidates who want to join a fast growing team building a new approach to financing and investing in farmland. In addition to due diligence, team members help bring compelling opportunities to the platform and educate potential partners on the benefits of the AcreTrader platform.
- Conduct fundamental analysis of project opportunities, including in-depth financial modeling and return analysis
- Build relationships with potential partners (farmers, growers, operators, brokers) to bring opportunities to the platform
- Build a network of industry contacts to conduct primary research on both partner and investment opportunities
- As at any growing company, you can expect many other tasks and responsibilities to be assigned as well as growth opportunities to be seized
- Understanding of financial modeling, ideally financial modeling for farmland and/or real estate transactions
- Ability to conduct valuation analysis to identify relative attractiveness of a given opportunity
- Ability to clearly and convincingly communicate investment structures to potential partners
- Ability to conduct primary and secondary research to quickly identify the key factors for an investment opportunity
- Ability to clearly and concisely convey, both orally and in writing, findings of fundamental analysis
- Candidates will be required to achieve FINRA SIE, 63, and 79 licenses within the first 90 days of employment. (AcreTrader will sponsor these licenses.)
- Local to Fayetteville, AR or willing to relocate
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in agricultural finance, real estate finance, investment analysis, investment banking or similar field
- Experience building and analyzing financial models and returns
- Experience with project development and client/contract management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Background in agriculture
Legal authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment at AcreTrader.About AcreTrader
AcreTrader launched in 2018 and has established itself as a leader in the farmland investment industry. Our team and company have grown at an incredible pace, and in order to continue this growth, we must do so intentionally. We have very high expectations for ourselves, each other, and every new team member. We’re looking for high performers who go about their work with a sense of curiosity and a drive to make things better. If you would like to be a part of a fast moving operation with an opportunity to make a massive impact at the intersection of finance, technology, and agriculture—then please, read on.
AcreTrader is a real estate investing platform that makes it easy to buy shares of farmland and earn passive income. United States farmland has historically outperformed most asset classes and other forms of real estate. Unfortunately, buying and maintaining farmland directly is extremely difficult without local knowledge and management, as well as large investment commitments. AcreTrader solves these issues by providing transparency, flexibility, and ease of use to people wanting to invest in farmland while handling all aspects of administration and property management, from insurance and accounting to working with local farmers and improving soil sustainability. At the same time, AcreTrader works to help farmers scale through innovative sales and leasing opportunities. See our How it Works page for more details.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at AcreTrader Inc