- Posted: over a month ago
Who We Are:
Acousti Engineering is the premier specialty contractor in acoustical ceilings, drywall, and flooring within the commercial space. We provide the aesthetics, functionality, and cost-efficiencies required for general and custom construction applications.
What We Offer You:
Eligible full time Acousti employees can participate in our Total Rewards Program which includes:
- Benefit Programs including health, dental and vision plans
- 401K program
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Optional Short-Term Disability
- Two weeks of vacation pay, and 7 company paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Career Training
- Paid weekly
- Competitive compensation
- Some programs have time in role eligibility requirements; vacation and holiday paid time off is pro-rated year one
Acousti is looking for a Superintendent out of our Charleston, SC location.
Roles and Responsibilities
Superintendent will supervise multiple site-based construction projects. Responsible for delivering end results that are on-time, at or under budget, exceeds customers expectations all while ensuring all workers are doing it safely.
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Work side by side with the Project Manager to ensure a complete understanding of project deliverables.
- Immediately identify, quantify, record, log, and report all changes (Change orders) for the project(s).
- Responsible for on-time and on-budget completion of assigned projects with all safety requirements and quality standards are being met.
- Understands the detailed project schedule and provides day-to-day monitoring of the progress vs schedule.
- Communicates daily with all field employees and Project Management staff regarding project progress and general issues.
- Manages the labor pool assigned to the project at or under budget.
- Provides day-to-day supervision and tracking of the details and quality of the work of crew members.
- Provide on-going training to crew members as required to successfully complete all assigned tasks.
- Ensures that required field reports are submitted accurately from each of his jobs by the established deadlines.
- Works with Operations on deployment of field labor.
- Works with Operations to plan the amounts and delivery dates of materials for the project.
- Requests project materials on an as-needed basis,
- Monitors the use of equipment at jobsites and informs Operations concerning retrieval of the equipment when no longer needed.
- Manages the amount of material at the job site to have as little as is practical without disrupting the efficient progress of the project.
- Maintains the jobsite inventory in a neat and orderly manner.
- Inspects equipment assigned to the jobsite and rejects defective equipment.
- Acts as the first point of contact for owners and subcontractors.
- Responsible for the safe implementation of all project activities and that the project conforms to all safety rules and regulations of Acousti, OSHA or other applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintains a clean and safe worksite.
- Implements and manages required job-site safety program and conducts weekly "tool box talks".
- Completes site accident reports immediately, completely, and accurately.
- Ensures that the punch list items and quality issues are addressed an manages effectively to expedite collection of retainages.
- Maintains friendly, cooperative relationships with the general contractors, subcontractors, engineers, architects, and owners.
Additional Qualifications that will make you successful in the role:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- 5+ years prior experience in commercial contracting project supervision
- 3-5 years of construction field experience
- PlanGrid familiarity
- Solid computer skills
- Willingness to "roll up your sleeves" and do what is necessary
- Honesty, integrity and strong desire to be successful
- Prior management experience
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional functions. Acousti Engineering reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to assign additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
Employment with Acousti Engineering is at-will.
The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Acousti Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Acousti Engineering Company of Florida
ConstructionView all jobs at Acousti Engineering Company of Florida