Project Manager/Estimator (Drywall)
- Posted: over a month ago
Project Manager/Estimator (Drywall)
Who We Are:
Acousti Engineering is the premier specialty contractor in acoustical ceilings, drywall, and flooring within the commercial space. We provide the aesthetics, functionality, and cost-efficiencies required for general and custom construction applications.
What We Offer You:
Eligible full time Acousti employees can participate in our Total Rewards Program which includes:
- Benefit Programs including health, dental and vision plans
- 401K program
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Optional Short-Term Disability
- Two weeks of vacation pay, and 7 company paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Career Training
- Paid weekly
- Competitive compensation
- Some programs have time in role eligibility requirements; vacation and holiday paid time off is pro-rated year one
Acousti is looking for a Project Manager/Estimator out of our Charleston, SC location.
Roles and Responsibilities
Project Manager/Estimator will be responsible for developing estimates for drywall and drywall ceilings within the specialty construction industry. Responsible for ensuring that detailed scope for major projects is identified and documented to support accurate and timely cost estimates. In addition, this position supports the evaluation of cost estimates vs. actual project costs, identifying process improvements to drive improved accuracy for cost estimates.
They will be responsible for estimating costs associated with schedule changes and its impacts and working directly with the project team. Additional contact working with the subcontractors and/or client representatives may be required.
For this role, you will be responsible for:
- Cradle to grave management of the project which includes Project Management and estimating, bidding, as well as project close out.
- Development of estimates for commercial projects.
- Identification and quantification of project risks and associated risk/contingency cost impacts and clarifications. Perform risk analysis
- Ability to present estimates to management in the review process.
- Utilize industry best practices for incorporating direct costs, indirect costs, support cost and overheads into project estimates.
- Support cost estimating tools and databases to ensure estimates are well documented and updated based on project actuals.
- Support process improvement program for tools and metrics to measure cost estimate accuracy, man-hour estimates to actuals, speed accuracy and cost to develop estimates, and ensure evolve estimate precision based on historical project estimates vs. actuals.
Additional Qualifications that will make you successful in the role:
- High School diploma with proven experience, or associated degree with experience.
- 5+ years prior Project Management and drywall Estimating experience required
- Strong estimating and analytical skills
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial documents
- Experience with On-screen Takeoff / Quick Bid or similar estimating software
- Familiarity with formal procurement and submittal processes such as RFQ, RFI, RFP
- Ability to coordinate with Field supervision & Warehouse
- Strong Customer support & Communication
- Proven experience with project management of commercial construction projects
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional functions. Acousti Engineering reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to assign additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
Employment with Acousti Engineering is at-will.
The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Acousti Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Acousti Engineering Company of Florida
TechnologyView all jobs at Acousti Engineering Company of Florida