Driver - CDL A
- Posted: over a month ago
Truck Driver - CDL B
Who We Are:
Acousti Engineering is the premier specialty contractor in acoustical ceilings, drywall, and flooring within the commercial space. We provide the aesthetics, functionality, and cost-efficiencies required for general and custom construction applications.
What We Offer You:
Eligible full time Acousti employees can participate in our Total Rewards Program which includes:
- Benefit Programs including health, dental and vision plans
- 401K program
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Optional Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Career Training
- Paid weekly
- Competitive compensation
- Some programs have time in role eligibility requirements; vacation and holiday paid time off is pro-rated year one
Acousti is looking for a Driver/Delivery person out of our Houston, Texas location.
Roles and Responsibilities
Responsible for loading company trucks for delivery and transporting inventory to job sites in a timely and safe fashion.
Responsible for unloading deliveries at the job site and returning unused items to warehouse inventory.
Will need to be able to bring material into project sites.
For this role, you will need:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver's license/CDL-B preferred but not necessary
- Must have a driving record with no major violations within the last three years
- Ability to operate a hand truck and powered industrial equipment
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical and/or have a valid DOT Medical Card.
Additional Qualifications that will make you successful in the role:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- 1+ years of commercial driving experience preferred.
- Local delivery experience preferred.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
This role is highly physical, and you must have the:
- Ability to repetitively lift, carry and position objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to repetitively push and pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance while kneeling, squatting, reaching about the head, reaching at the waist, reaching below the knees and bending at the knees
- Ability to repetitively push and pull manual transport equipment (for example, pallet jack or hand truck) containing product loads up to a minimum of 100 yards without assistance
- Ability to repetitively grasp and manipulate objects of varying size and weight requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Ability to exert oneself physically over sustained periods of time to complete job activities
- Ability to read information in small, medium and large print
- Ability to stand a minimum of 8 hours during the workday up to 10 hours
- Ability to walk a minimum of 4 hours during the workday
- Frequently work in a hot/humid indoor environment
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional functions. Acousti Engineering reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to assign additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
Employment with Acousti Engineering is at-will.
The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Acousti Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Acousti Engineering Company of Florida
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Acousti Engineering Company of Florida