We are building a team in Colorado and have a need for a Senior Space Planner, Category Space Analyst and Category Space Manager. Apply and we can discuss your job preference.
Responsible for the creation, maintenance and analysis of planograms for major retailer(s). Strong knowledge of product merchandising concepts is required, merchandising experience with c-stores is an added plus. Must have Plan-O-Gram experience in Space Management software such as Apollo or JDA Space Planning. Exceptional communication skills and experience leading teams to complete large planogram projects is essential. Needs expertise in the MS Office suite of software, particularly Excel. PowerPoint and Word skills are a plus.
- Work as integral part of account team assisting Business Managers with space management related issues involved in developing category reviews.
- Maintain and update all plan-o-grams for assigned categories and/or sections for assigned customers, and make hardcopies accessible to any Acosta personnel.
- Advise and update Acosta personnel of any customer distribution and shelving developments when appropriate.
- Increase shelf space for brands and/or products represented by Acosta based on sales performance from syndicated or internal scan data.
- Make recommendations to customers for changes in space allocation for entire category and/or sub-category based on available financial data.
- Assist in developing product variety mix reports for key customers for both the account and competitive market.
- Utilize and understand IRI and ACNielsen syndicated scanning data used to generate the information for the space management systems.
- Prepare space management related presentation-ready materials needed to complete category reviews to include charts, graphs, velocity reports, financial information and plan-o-gram layouts.
- Create all space management reports that are needed including sales, profits, inventory costs, days supply, highlighting, stocking reports and quadrant analysis.
- Routinely visit customers in the market to make category/plan-o-gram presentations and/or proposals regarding shelf merchandising.
- Gather product specific and/or shelving information (physical characteristics) at store level either manually or with space technology software.
- Assist with training and development of Space Technologists.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or industry level experience with 3 – 5 years experience utilizing space management software.
- Must have prior work experience in data analysis and space management systems and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the technology required to operate and maintain such systems.
- Must have a high degree of proficiency in Windows and related software applications including spreadsheets, word processing, graphics, e-mail, database management, and JDA, Apollo, or Spaceman.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with others.
- Must be able to operate a calculator, computer, printer, fax machine, telephone, and copy machine.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.