The Distributor Account Manager acts as the critical link between distributors and customers. The primary role of this position is to drive and facilitate regional sales for assigned distribution partners. This role will focus on developing and solidifying the distributor-Acosta relationships, implementing sales programs, and obtaining sales targets by driving distributor's products and initiatives. The Distributor Account Manager will anticipate and understand the customers' needs, and will be able to liaise and advocate managing and satisfying those needs in a way that is mutually beneficial to the customer and the distributor. This position is available to their distributors on a regular basis handling day to day business and helping with their clients' needs.
- Works to build upon the distribution relationships in place and foster new partnerships in order to continue to grow the business throughout their region of responsibility.
- Collaborates with Acosta's sales team and distributers' supply chain product managers to ensure a smooth process from warehouse to end user.
- Responds and resolves distributor questions and concerns in a timely manner; acts as an interface with distributors on credit and sales issues.
- Identifies through interaction with sales, marketing and distributor personnel, opportunities to increase sales results with/through the distributor partners. The incumbent must be able to initiate and coordinate the businesses resources to take advantage of those opportunities.
- Stays up-to-date and knowledgeable about product activity at distributors.
- Performs distributor channel analysis on channel sales, profitability and geographic coverage and reports accordingly internally and to distributor partners.
- Compiles, edits, and publishes monthly sales reports.
- Assists Sales Representatives in assessing channel needs and in the selection of appropriate distributors.
- Estimates and achieves quarterly revenue targets for each assigned distributor account through implementing and reinforcing consistent sales practices.
- Coordinates and/or provides sales and technical training for Sales Representatives.
- Stays current on competitor distributors' activities in the region, reports information and recommendations internally as required.
- Assists Sales Representatives to resolve problems related to, but not limited to, challenging sales/customers, operational issues, and product quality.
- Manages contract negotiations with legal counsel assistance as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 - 7 years sales experience;
- Prior experience working in Foodservice industry preferred;
- Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience as either a broker or distributor representative prefer; and
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- A positive, professional, and proactive attitude;
- Strong communication skills;
- Prior leadership and management skills;
- Adept at building trust and credibility;
- Strong planning, project management and organizational skills;
- Works well with teams and has strong motivational skills; and
- Strong problem solving and strategic planning skills.
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.
Job ID 2019-165582
Work City Aiea
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Work Zip 96701
Category Corporate Jobs