Sr. Finance Analyst
Sr. Finance Analyst | Acorns
PHISHING SCAM WARNING: Acorns Grow, Inc. ("Acorns") is among several companies recently made aware of a phishing scam involving con artists posing as Acorns recruiters via email, text, and social media. The imposters are creating misleading email accounts, conducting remote "interviews," and making fake job offers in order to collect personal and financial information from unsuspecting individuals.Please note that Acorns only uses company email addresses, which contain "@acorns.com" to communicate with candidates via email. The company also uses secure tools on our website to receive data from applicants and would never ask them to submit their personal banking information to apply for an open job. If you are contacted by someone about an open job at Acorns, please verify the domain of the sender's email address and that they are asking you to apply on this website. If you believe you've been a victim of a phishing scam, please visit the Department of Homeland Security's Cyber Smart website to learn how to report it. For additional information on how to identify job scams, please scroll to the bottom of the post.
Acorns is seeking an ambitious Sr. Finance Analyst to enable, inform and improve strategic and financial decision-making across the company. This role will work directly with the Sr. Director of Finance & VP of Corporate Finance / Treasurer as well as teams throughout the organization, including product, engineering, marketing, legal and operations.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine, CA or New York, NY offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Introduce yourself to the organization
- Develop a deep understanding of the product, business model, and financial outlook
Within 3 months, you will:
- Equip product managers or department leaders with monthly insight on particular business trends
- Support the development and revision of short and long-term financial plans
- Assist in financial reporting, cash analysis, and variance analysis of forecast/actuals and KPIs
- Work with internal groups to undertake ad hoc analysis of trends emerging in the business
- Understand the strategic landscape and our long-term strategy, and help drive strategic initiatives
Within 6 months, you will:
- Develop, maintain and enhance financial models, such as annual budgets and forecasts as well as the total company consolidated model/cash flow forecast
- Assist in department-level budgeting, tracking and reporting processes, with the goal of accurately forecasting and managing expectations
- Develop KPI frameworks to track team-specific and company-wide performance
- Conduct internal analysis on performance of the company's different products and business units
- Support strategic decision making, which will include analytics initiatives such as financial modeling, go-to-market strategy, competitive analysis, channel performance measurement, partnership negotiations, potential investments, and M&A
- Create presentations that clearly articulate findings and next steps and communicate those findings to key stakeholders across the company
What you will bring to Acorns:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business, or other quantitative field
- Two or more years of relevant industry experience with financial modeling (e.g. investment banking, private equity, corporate finance)
- Must be highly analytical and possess ability to do complex financial modeling and analyze raw data and draw conclusions
- High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with cross-functional business partners and communicate effectively in meetings
- Must be a team player who understands the importance of the role as a key support function to the operating team
- Ability and desire to roll up sleeves and be hands-on in an entrepreneurial fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strong sense of ownership, pride of work, and ability to self-start
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character
- A strong passion for the Acorns' mission
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimism about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is how everyday consumers save & invest for the long term. To date, customers have invested over $15 billion with Acorns, much of it in spare change. By putting the tools of wealth-making in everyone's hands, Acorns has become the largest subscription service in U.S. consumer finance, serving over 10 million everyday Americans. Customers get automated investing in diversified portfolios, a simple retirement product, a bank account that helps people spend less to invest more, and bonus investments from 20k brands. Plus, everyday Americans can easily invest in their kids and get money news they can use, all from the same app. From acorns, mighty oaks do grow!
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to a diverse community:
Acorns is committed to building a diverse community of customers, partners, and team members. We believe that fostering diversity not only fuels creativity, but also challenges conventional thinking and helps us properly represent the unique experience of the everyday consumer that we serve.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $103,000 and $129,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, equity grants, and discretionary cash bonus awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
- Examine the sender's email address: Check the sender's email address carefully. Often, scammers use deceptive addresses that may look similar to legitimate ones but contain slight variations or misspellings. Again, we will only ever contact you from an acorns.com email address.
- Beware of urgent or alarming messages: Phishing emails often create a sense of urgency, urging you to take immediate action.
- Look for grammatical errors and poor formatting: Many phishing attempts include grammatical errors, typos, and poorly formatted content.
- Hover over links before clicking: Hover your mouse cursor over any links in the email to preview the actual URL. If the link's destination seems suspicious or doesn't match the displayed text, do not click on it.
- Never share sensitive information: Legitimate organizations will never ask for sensitive data like passwords, social security numbers, or credit card information via email. Avoid sharing such details unless you are confident about the recipient's identity and their purpose for needing the information.
- Watch out for suspicious attachments: Don't open attachments from unfamiliar sources, as they may contain malware or viruses. Even if the sender seems legitimate, exercise caution with unexpected attachments.
- Trust your instincts: If something feels off or too good to be true, trust your gut and proceed with caution.
Click here to view Acorns Privacy Notice for California Job Candidates.
AcornsLos Angeles, CA
Finance and Insurance
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.