Ubiqus-Translation Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Ubiqus is seeking a detail-oriented and well-organized Project Manager for our Translations department in our New York office.
Reporting to the Director of Production Translations, the Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the successful execution of complex translation projects across various industry verticals, including ones that involve multiple foreign languages and that require value-added services such as page layout, web localization, multimedia production and so on.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifying project requirements and scope, estimating costs and time requirements for successful project completion at project launch.
- Overseeing projects from start-to-finish with minimal supervision. Completing projects of various types and sizes, and in an increasing number of verticals, with competent use of computer assisted translation (CAT) and localization verification tools.
- Assigning and trafficking work to translators, editors, proofreaders, interpreters, transcribers, desktop publishing professionals, cultural consultants, localization and/or AV engineers.
- Providing directions or instructions to all internal and external resources working on any aspect of a project; negotiating rates to stay within budget; asking and answering vendor and client questions; and delivering final output.
- Submitting the requisite deliverable according to client deadlines and following the company policy regarding vendor and client invoicing procedures.
- Implementing and monitoring quality assurance procedures on every project (ensuring that all steps have been followed, employing only registered linguists, fact-checking or graphic proofreading documents, and alerting management and the client to quality assurance issues).
- Developing basic client relationship management skills which includes understanding the clients foreign language needs, educating the client on internal procedures and linguistic/technological issues, managing client expectations, and proposing possible solutions for complicated projects and accounts.
- Providing client management tasks such as quoting projects or assisting sales personnel in quoting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English. Proficiency in one or more foreign languages.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages. Basic mathematical skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite, SDL Trados Studio or similar CAT tools and ability to learn internal project management tool
- Bachelors degree or equivalent. Two to three years project management experience in the translation industry. Experience studying and/or working abroad strongly preferred.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT WORKING AT UBIQUS:
Make an Impact: You have an opportunity to influence the profitability and success of the company. Your expertise drives best practices, procedure optimization, and staff growth and development.
A Great Fit: Ubiqus is a large enough company for access to technology, tools and career advancement yet small enough to affect change, be a superstar, maximize your skills, and shape our futures.
Development: We believe that growing our people directly results in the growth of our business. We strive to mentor, educate, and promote from within.
A Challenge: If it were easy everyone could do it. We challenge our team to defy the status quo.
Accountability: We insist on the highest ethical standards, a culture of collegiality and respect, and aggressive goal setting to achieve excellence.
Diversity and Fun: Every day we forge relationships across our team of diverse individuals. An eclectic mix of linguists, geeks, techies, bookworms, movie buffs, musicians, foodies, athletes, baristas, homebodies, adventurers, travelers, and very good people.
Benefits and Perks: Competitive salary and excellent benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Transit, 401K)
Great Location: Located in the financial district of downtown New York City.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at Acolad