As an employee of ACME Concrete Paving, Inc. you would join a team of constructors of high-quality concrete pavements in the highway and airfield markets. We are made up of a diverse group of people committed to constructing projects safely, efficiency with a high degree of pride in our completed work. ACME bids and completes projects in the Western United States Alaska and the Pacific Islands
A Project Engineer’s primary function for ACME Concrete Paving, Inc. consists of assisting the Superintendent and Project Manager in managing all aspects of a construction project including the financial administration, cost reporting and field activities. This position is predominately field based however due to weather limitations of many of our contracts several months will at the home office in Spokane, Washington.
- Manages the ordering of materials needed to successfully execute the project
- Verifies correct payment of subcontractors and material suppliers
- Assembles construction financial data; monitors costs; tracks costs for force accounts
- Maintains job costing system and updates systems to reflect forecasts; creates margin reporting
- In conjunction with the Project Manager & Superintendent, takes part in developing, maintaining and revising the project schedule
- Manage the relationship and work of assigned sub-contractors & suppliers
- Assist with constructability reviews and value engineering functions
- Demonstrates, communicates, and reinforces Company safety policies and procedures.
- Work with the Safety Department to ensure that project safety records are accurately maintained
- Ensure that the work is being built to the most up to date drawings, specs., addendum, standards, etc.
- Assist in Quality Control activities
- Assist with pre-construction activities as needed: construction planning and design; interpretation of design and drawings
- Interpret specifications, designs and drawings and prepares quantity takeoffs
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
- Verifies work-in-place quantities for invoicing/pay quantities.
- Maintain submittal logs and timely receipt and review of submittals and shop drawings
- Maintain RFI logs
- Ensure craft timecards are completed accurately, reflecting hours worked and tasks worked on; verifies cost codes to all purchases, timecards, contracts, equipment time and any other item involving cost
- Maintain as-built drawings
- Take weekly jobsite photographs
- Assist in preparing project status reports and participates in project status meetings
- Assist in project close-out activities
- May support estimating as needed
- Performs additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
Essential skills and experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of field construction experience
- 4-year engineering or construction management degree or equivalent technical training and related experience
- E.I.T. preferred but not required
- Ability to mentor less experienced personnel
- Ability to read and interpret plans
- Excellent computer skills
- Thorough understanding of cost analysis & estimating
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel as required
This standard procedure for the job description of the Project Engineer will become part of the company policy, upon the approval of the President and remain in effect until superseded or canceled by the same authority.
ACME is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.