Field Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ACME Concrete Paving, Inc. is seeking skilled individual to fill an immediate opening of shop and field mechanics. This position is covered by top union pay scale and benefits with opportunity for advancement. Previously nonunion individuals also encouraged to apply. Field Mechanic requires travel primarily through the Spring, Summer and Fall.
A Mechanic’s primary function for ACME Concrete Paving, Inc. consists of the following: Perform skilled and semi-skilled work involved in the mechanical servicing, maintenance and repair of the company’s fleet and equipment, and to maintain records related to servicing, maintenance and repair. Work is performed under general direction of the shop manager, shop foreman, equipment manager and project manager.
- Travel is a requirement.
- Ownership of all tools that would ensure the proficiency in performing his or her duties. The minimum requirement must include a full a full set of sockets and wrenches up to two inches.
- Must have a valid CDL driver’s license and medical card or ability to get a CDL.
- Skilled in use of a variety of hand tools.
- Skilled in the use of an acetylene torch and electric welding equipment.
- Skill in use of mechanized tools, jacks and hoists.
- Thorough working knowledge of heavy equipment parts, maintenance and terminology.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical concepts and maintenance of heavy equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work.
- Thorough knowledge of practices, methods, equipment, materials and tools used in construction and maintenance.
- Ability to read and understand repair manuals and schematics.
- Ability to diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical and hydraulic malfunctions.
- Ability to interpret and work from verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to understand and efficiently carry out instructions.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with superiors, subordinates, vendors and customer’s personnel.
- Ability to keep records, such as work orders and parts requests.
- Ability to work as a team with others.
- Willingness to learn new tasks with specialized equipment.
- Willingness to learn new tasks and have a commitment for continually improving his / her knowledge of new technologies and processes
The below outline of duties is not arranged in order of priority. These duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to describe minimum activities. Those duties will from time to time be altered to suit the needs of the company.
- Conduct safety inspections on vehicles.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs routine welding and fabrication work on vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Performs repair activities on various pieces of heavy equipment.
- Interacts with vehicle and equipment operators to help determine service and repair needs.
- Maintains shop and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Maintains accurate and complete work orders.
- Diagnoses, services and repairs various systems that are found on pieces of heavy equipment.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions in the equipment and repair.
- Overhauls engines, replaces engines and rebuild components.
- May assist in training lower-level workers in mechanical repair techniques.
- Road test vehicles.
ACME Concrete Paving, Inc. is a Heavy Civil Construction Company which specializes in airport and highway concrete pavement construction and rehabilitation. ACME Concrete Paving, Inc. home office is located Spokane, Washington with project offices throughout the Western United States. ACME is a solid company where employees are highly valued. We are continually looking for talented hardworking individuals to assume a vital role within the organization. The company strives to be a leader in the industry, utilizing years of experience combined with new innovative ideas and solutions to improve quality and performance. ACME runs a mixed fleet of new and used equipment. Much of the equipment is highly specialized requiring unique problem-solving skills. ACME will provide training to help technicians keep current on new process and technologies.
ACME is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
Acme Concrete Paving, Inc.
ACME Concrete Paving, Inc. is a Heavy Civil Construction Company that specializes in Concrete Paving for Streets, Local Roads, Highways, Civilian Airports and Military Bases. ACME also specializes in concrete pavement restoration projects which involve panel replacement, dowel bar retrofit and concrete grinding and grooving. ACME is based out of Spokane, Washington but bids and constructs projects throughout the Western United States.