Maintenance Technician III
Oversees and performs the preventive and reactive maintenance duties required for the manufacturing operations of the plant. Priorities of the Maintenance Technician include management and execution of PM schedules, repair of any equipment that is needed to maintain maximum production rates and maintenance of an adequate spare parts inventory. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week, weekends as required and fulfill on-call duties for repairs and assistance.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs on machines and their controls (extruders, corrugators, extrusion die, DC /AC motor & drives, downstream equipment, chillers & etc.…).
- Support Daily Management directives and initiatives.
- Contact, specify, and order replacement parts & control components from supplier as needed.
- Effectively manage CMMS performance through Work Order scheduling & planning
- 1st responder to troubleshooting machine problems, contact Electrical Engineering if additional support is needed.
- Maintain and build job skills through training programs while developing junior Maintenance staff
- Help develop and implement Continuous Improvement projects to improve production efficiencies and Safety.
- Direct and perform scheduled Preventive Maintenance duties
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Proficient using Electrical Test equipment: Voltmeter, Ammeter, ohm meter, Megger & etc.…
- Understanding basic machine function and Sequence of Operations of production machinery.
- Proficient in reading Electrical, pneumatics and mechanical drawings.
- Knowledge of NEC, UL508A and NFPA 79 codes.
- Lock Out Tag Out Safety procedures.
- Arc Flash and PPE Requirements
- Advanced industrial mechanical, electrical, plumbing and pneumatic skills including troubleshooting
- Strong leadership ability with time management and task prioritization skills
- Proficient in electrical formulas and mechanical math.
- Knowledge of 3 Phase Industrial wiring and power distribution
- AC & DC Drive / Motor PMs, wiring, programming & troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot PLC I/O and networking.
- Motion Training with Servo Drives and Motors.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with and communicate to other plant personnel as well as company resources and vendors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis & Problem Solving
High School / Vocational School Diploma or Equivalent - Required
Technician level - Electrical, hydraulics, pneumatic - Preferred
Basic PLC and Drive training - Preferred
- + 5 years Industrial Maintenance, Electrical Systems and Controls
- Plastic process knowledge.
Our client is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why Work Here?Acloche is the employer of choice for over 15,000 people, We connect the best candidates with the best employers.
We connect the best candidates with the best employers.