Oversees and performs the preventive and reactive maintenance duties required for the manufacturing operations of the plant. Priorities of the Maintenance Manager include management, execution, and auditing of PM schedules, repair of any equipment that is needed to maintain maximum production rates and maintenance of an adequate spare parts inventory. A Plant Maintenance Manager generally supervises a department including multiple Maintenance Technicians. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week, weekends as required, while also fulfilling on-call duties for repairs and assistance. The Plant Maintenance Manager reports directly to the Production / Plant Manager.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Lead troubleshooting efforts and repairs on machines and their controls (extruders, corrugators, extrusion die, DC /AC motor & drives, downstream equipment, chillers & etc.…).
- Lead Daily Management directives and initiatives.
- Contact, specify, and order replacement parts & control components from supplier as needed.
- Effectively manage CMMS performance across the Maintenance Department driving “on time” completion while ensuring compliance
- Direct & assist 1st responders to support troubleshooting machine problems, contact Electrical Engineering if additional support is needed.
- Maintain and build job skills through training programs while developing & cross training all Maintenance staff
- Identify, Help develop, and implement Continuous Improvement projects to improve production efficiencies and Safety.
- Maintain an accurate Asset Listing for the facility.
- Identify opportunities for Capital Investment and support the development of Business Cases
- Plan, Schedule, and audit Preventive & Repair Work Orders while leading an effective Work Management Process.
- Participate in & direct staff in support Plant Service Team projects
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Advanced understanding of Electrical Test equipment: Voltmeter, Ammeter, ohm meter, Megger & etc.…
- Understanding of machine function and Sequence of Operations of production machinery.
- Advanced experience in reading Electrical, pneumatics and mechanical drawings.
- Knowledge of NEC, UL508A and NFPA 79 codes.
- Lock Out Tag Out Safety procedures.
- Arc Flash and PPE Requirements
- Advanced industrial mechanical, electrical, plumbing and pneumatic skills including troubleshooting
- Strong leadership ability with time management and task prioritization skills
- Proficient in electrical formulas and mechanical math.
- Knowledge of 3 Phase Industrial wiring and power distribution
- AC & DC Drive / Motor PMs, wiring, programming & troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot PLC I/O and networking.
- Motion Training with Servo Drives and Motors.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with and communicate to other plant personnel as well as company resources and vendors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis & Problem Solving
High School / Vocational School Diploma or Equivalent – Required Previous Maintenance Management or Supervision - Preferred
Technician level - Electrical, hydraulics, pneumatic - Preferred
Basic PLC and Drive training - Preferred
- + 10 years Industrial Maintenance, Electrical Systems and Controls
- Plastic process knowledge.
Why Work Here?Acloche is the employer of choice for over 15,000 people, We connect the best candidates with the best employers.
We connect the best candidates with the best employers.