Responsible for reading blueprints and erecting steel in order to build metal structures.
- Install columns, beams, stairs and railings.
- Use levels and laser equipment to check alignment.
- Bolt or weld piece into place.
- Make sure all pieces are fitted properly and complete repairs as necessary.
- Previous experience in welding, manufacturing, or other related fields
- Ability to create and execute solutions to problems in the field.
- Familiarity with welding tools and procedures
- Familiarity with engineering blueprints and schematics
- Ability to take field measurements and do layouts
- Ability to handle physical workload