JOB TITLE: DEVELOPMENT & CONSTRUCTION PROJECT COORIDINATOR
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT
Provide strategic support to the Director of Real Estate Development and Construction Managers while interacting and working with other departments when needed. The position requires a professional that can function at a high level of energy, integrity, confidentiality, and excellence providing support to multiple real estate acquisitions, dispositions, and development projects simultaneously, at varying stages of the purchase and development process.
The ideal candidate has exceptional communication skills and can work well with peers including property, office, accounting, and management team members. This individual will prepare correspondence, prepare presentations, and track progress on all phases of development from acquisition and design, to construction and operational startup.
- Aid executives with day to day administrative tasks and projects
- Produce and review expenses reports, correspondences, and other documents before submission and distribution
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Maintain organized files in hard copy and/or electronic form
- Anticipate executive’s needs in preparing for meetings, presentations, travel, etc.
- Travel, as necessary, to sites within Ackermann Group’s growing Midwestern footprint
· Assist the Development Team on assigned projects by maintaining orderly records and documentation to allow for real time reporting and accountability to the executive team, partners, investors, clients, etc. Understand and contribute to the production of a project development plan for each project.
- Assist in expediting due diligence, entitlement and permitting processes for proposed developments
- Assist with the administration of responses to RFQ’s and RFP’s for prospective projects.
- Assist with warranty servicing and documentation on new developments and capital projects as needed
- Assist Development Team with tracking of project budgets, change orders and invoicing
- Track and organize due diligence documents, construction loan closing check lists, and file management.
- Assist with preparation of monthly reports as needed, managing soft costs budgets and report variances.
- Report on construction status versus actual construction schedule milestones.
- Assist with transition of completed development assets to property management group
- Create and review construction draws
- Ad hoc projects as needed
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated experience with monitoring and reporting of project budgets
- Problem solving skills to deal with changing project environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to communicate to staff, consulting teams, vendors, municipality officials, partners, investor and clients
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once; detail oriented
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field of real estate
- Computer literacy including experience in Microsoft Office and collaboration tools
- Valid driver’s license and availability of an insured vehicle to travel within the Ackermann Group service area
- Able to travel as needed
As an Ackermann team member, you represent the Ackermann Group. While you are on the job, you are expected to wear clothing and accessories that are appropriate in a professional business environment. Refer to the Ackermann Group Handbook Personal Attire and Appearance for additional information. In addition, you also have an obligation to maintain proper standards of conduct including but not limited to working well with team members and having a positive attitude.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
Ability to interpret, evaluate and communicate detailed written or verbal instructions to others accurately and quickly, including answering phones, attending meetings, written correspondence or other forms of communication. Inside and outside work in all types of weather. Ability to communicate effectively (expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken or written word.) This skill/ability is important in work activities in which workers must impart or receive detailed information through oral or written communication.
Physical and visual activities are commonly associated with the performance of the essential functions of this job. "Commonly associated" is not intended to mean always or only. There may be different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate.
Corporate office and/ or project sites