Administrative Assistant (Middle School Operations)
- Posted: over a month ago
Achievers Early College Prep Charter School (AECP) is New Jersey's first public charter school for students in middle school and high school that provides them with the unique opportunity to pursue one of four STEAM pathways (Health Sciences, Digital Media, Audio Engineering and Cisco Computer Networking). Students can have access to a program that allows them to earn up to 60 college credits, NOCTI credentials and workplace training. AECP is determined to ensure that students can enhance their journey through high school and graduate with content mastery, skills, and experiences that are essential to the current marketplace and the world beyond.
- Demonstrates alignment and commitment to Achievers Early College Prep's mission, core beliefs, and educational philosophy
- Adaptable in a growing environment; Is flexible and solutions-oriented
- Evidence of self-motivation, taking initiatives, and willingness to be a team player
- Experience in schools that rely heavily on intervention, literacy, and content knowledge as a means to dramatically increase student achievement
- Driven to deliver rigorous instruction by emphasizing student engagement with complex texts, critical thinking, and comprehensive literary analysis
- Exhibits a laser focus on analyzing student work and student data, coupled with a deep commitment to data-driven decision making
- Quantifiable track record of outstanding academic results
- Unwavering commitment to feedback, improvement, practice, and notion of "I'M ALL IN!"
- Culturally aware, culturally sensitive, and asset-based thinking
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the daily operations of the school's reception area, presenting a high achievement culture to all students, visitors and parents. The Administrative Assistant is ready to ask students to uphold school standards in between completing administrative tasks at the front desk and supporting the operations team with a year-round activities and events. This employee will answer the phones, sort mail, file, fax, create and maintain databases and complete general administrative duties as needed. Computer proficiency and comfort with various digital applications is a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining a positive and welcoming environment for parents, visitors, co-workers and students
- Answering general inquiries, directing and screening phone calls
- Greeting parents and visitors and directing them to the appropriate location
- Creating and maintaining databases such as Excel and the School Computer Network for student records, school equipment inventory etc.
- Taking student attendance daily and following up with families accordingly
- Placing school-wide supply orders, in conjunction with Operations Personnel and tracking the order process
- Managing all office supplies for the front office
- Overseeing mailing and shipping delivery systems
- Reviewing supply inventory and replenishing stock as needed
- Maintaining conference room calendar and scheduling meetings as needed
- Aiding in student enrollment process with regard to documentation, and following up with phone calls
- Support during evening hours to execute special events, such as report card conferences and expeditions
- Maintaining students' files and coordinating student transfers
- Opening and closing of the school's front reception facility
- Communicating to students with high expectations for academic achievement and appropriate behavior in and outside the classroom
- General administrative duties as assigned
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Ability to relate to a diverse population of students and parents
- Advanced proficiency in computer skills specifically Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Forms, and Google Slides and the ability to quickly learn new programs/software
- Proven experience multitasking, organizing, and prioritizing work
- Ability to handle multiple requests and inquiries, responding within a timely manner
- High attention to detail
- Performs duties with a high degree of professionalism and positive energy
Achievers Early College Prep
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?