Director of the ACC Autism School
The Achievement Centers for Children’s (ACC) mission is to empower children and adults with disabilities and their families to achieve their greatest potential. The Achievement Centers provides comprehensive programming across 4 major areas: Family Support, Education, Therapy, and Recreation, serving over 2,500 children per year. The Headquarters are located in Highland Hills with two additional locations in Westlake and Camp Cheerful in Strongsville.
We are looking for an educational administrator who is experienced in the field of Autism and has the ability to quickly integrate into the agency and serve as a highly knowledgeable and visionary leader of the expanding Autism School. This position will lead, develop and oversee all aspects of the School Program and ensure that it provides an engaging and safe learning environment for students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops new cutting edge, best practices programs.
- Participates in committees and other external collaborative activities that fosters positive external relationships with educational institutions and organizations, especially in the area of autism.
- Provides leadership in department programs and service.
- Performs staff recruitment, hiring, and supervisory duties.
- Assists in assessing agency programs and planning for future directions.
- Develops and revises systems, policies and procedures for the Education Department programs to meet accreditation guidelines and assure best practices.
- Addresses issues of quality assurance and outcomes.
- Serves as liaison between departmental staff and administration.
- Develops and monitors department/division budgets and ensures fiscally sound programs. Monitors system billing, reimbursement, and contracts.
- Works with management team to determine and implement agency policies and procedures. Participates in other management team work.
- Master’s Degree with a major in Education, Special Education, Early Childhood Development or related field
- 10 years of job related experience in the educational setting, with expertise especially as it relates to the field of Autism
- Have significant and proven leadership in management positions (at least 10 years)
- Have experience and expertise in working with individuals with Autism
- Have excellent, proven program development skills and be outcome focused
- Be energetic, trustworthy and a visionary
- Have excellent verbal, written and speaking skills
Achievement Centers for Children offers excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, flexible spending account, generous paid time off and a retirement savings 403B plan with employer contribution as well as opportunities for professional development.
The Achievement Centers for Children welcomes diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.