Atlas Molded Products is North America's leading manufacturer of molded foam solutions, providing architectural insulation, geofoam, protective packaging, cold chain packaging, and industrial applications. We believe our success starts with our people. Join our team!
The Block Mold Operator is responsible for operating Block Mold equipment in accordance with procedures to ensure optimum product quality.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities (other duties as assigned):
- Above average understanding of the manufacturing processes, quality standards, equipment operations, safety requirements and departmental procedures.
- Operates the Block Mold. May also include the duties of operating the pre-expander or setting up equipment.
- Verify equipment set-up prior to start of a production run, operates and shuts down manufacturing equipment.
- Verifies order information and produces part(s) with the correct material, density, weight, size, and/or shape within quality tolerance to meet specific job requirements while meeting productivity standards.
- Communicates with supervisor to ensure a clear understanding of the daily/weekly molding schedule.
- Mold expanded bead to specific density
- Monitor molding process to ensure proper fusion of the block and record pertinent information
- Label block with required information.
- Cut blocks to the specified size required.
- Monitors equipment and reports malfunctions to supervisor; assist with routine cleaning and minor maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and make adjustments to equipment settings
- Responsible for training back-up operators as needed
- Maintains proper work logs and completes required reports as necessary.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Transports finished product using forklift or hand operated equipment
- Performs any other functions and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be trained and familiar with general safety.
- Must be trained and familiar with Quality System Awareness.
- Must be verified by supervisor and be signed off on procedures needed to fulfill job requirements within 2 months of hire.
- Must be forklift operator certified within 2 months of hire.
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance is required.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing / industrial environment preferred.
- Prior experience operating a forklift preferred.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of barcoding.
Skills & Abilities
- Must be fluent in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Must be able to use simple math and use basic hand-held measuring tools.
Atlas Molded Products is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, military service, status as an individual with a disability, or other legally protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Atlas Molded Products is a drug-free work environment.