- Posted: November 27, 2022
The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for internal and external content and communications; content curation for Acenda Health and Acenda Institute of Health Innovation websites; support the production of in-person and virtual special events; and assistance with special projects, as needed. This position will work in partnership with Acenda teams across the enterprise and report directly to the Communications and Development Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the implementation of Acenda's content strategy, including an annual content calendar in support of Acenda's overall communications plan and in partnership with divisional and program teams.
- Research and write press releases and other resources including articles for our mental health blog, Health Resource Center. Create communications for events, donor newsletters, phone scripts, appeals, etc.
- Write communications for events, donor newsletters, phone scripts, appeals, etc. to support donor communication strategies.
- Actively pitch created content to the media, promoting Acenda's services, impact in the community, and thought leadership initiatives.
- Create and publish content and resources on our award-winning internal employee communications application, ACE, following the guidance of the internal communications strategy.
- Assist in the internal marketing of clinical and community-based services.
- Analyze and create reports to measure and illustrate the effectiveness of content topics and communication mediums, apply those insights to improve existing content and develop better content ideas for the future.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Strategist to promote internal and external events on social media.
- Support an annual calendar of internal and external events for Acenda Health and Acenda Institute of Health Innovation. Support event logistics during the event planning process.
- Promote consistent use of brand, voice and key messages in all communications.
- BS or BA in Communications, Marketing, English, Creative Writing, or related field, plus 2-4 years of relevant experience in a similar position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, polished interpersonal skills, and grammatical and rhetorical skills. Familiarity with a broad range of communication and marketing channels, techniques, and styles.
- Must have the ability to assist with high-level crisis communications that are both unpredictable and time-sensitive.
- Understanding of media relations, trending topics, and SEO content optimization.
- Strong interview, research, and information-gathering skills.
- Event planning, public relations, nonprofit, healthcare-related experience is a plus..
- Candidates must possess the ability to multitask and prioritize work efficiently and effectively, take initiative, exercise good judgment, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, bend, use hands and arms and must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- This is a hybrid role (2 days per week in the office) based out of Glassboro, NJ
- This position also requires the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends for special events.
- Valid driver's license, auto insurance and access to a vehicle.
SKILLS: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft 365 (Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, Excel, Word), Canva, Staffbase or similar internal employee communications application, Zoom, WordPress, SurveyMonkey, Form Builders, Google Analytics, Notion or similar project management system, and MailChimp.
TO APPLY: For full consideration, candidates must complete the employment application and submit a cover letter and resume. Candidates must also be prepared to produce a portfolio of publications and/or authored communication pieces at the time of the interview.
All employment offers are contingent based upon the successful completion of a criminal background screening and pre-employment drug screening.
Acenda Integrated Health
BusinessView all jobs at Acenda Integrated Health
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?