Case Manager Involuntary Outpatient Commitment
- Posted: over a month ago
Acenda is an integrated health care organization dedicated to industry-leading prevention, treatment and wellness services compassionately delivered to ensure that every individual, family and community achieves their greatest potential.
$500 Sign-On Bonus
Overview: The Involuntary Outpatient Commitment (IOC) serves individuals diagnosed with serious, persistent mental illness who, due to his/her mental illness are dangerous to him/herself, other or property in the reasonably foreseeable future.
Services: IOC services are delivered by a multi-disciplinary team comprised of a psychiatrist, care managers, peer support specialists, and a director with an emergency screening certification.
To qualify for the Care Manager position you need to have the below minimum requirements and experience
- The minimum requirement is a master's degree in psychology, social work, or a related field, plus 2 years of relevant experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
To be a successful Care Manager you must be able to do the following essential duties and responsibilities always:
- Functions within the agency's policies and procedures.
- Operates according to the program operations manual.
- Meets communication requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets supervision requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets program quality requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets client interaction requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
Care Manager Job Expectations
- Communicates programmatic or job-related concerns to the supervisor and makes suggestions for improvement in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Communicates any performance concerns or training needs to the supervisor in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Conducts self in a professional manner that positively reflects the agency culture.
- Demonstrates competent written and verbal communication with referral sources and external customers.
- Is attentive and responsive to customer needs in a helpful, supportive and timely manner.
- Works collaboratively with coworkers and agency staff to effectively communicate and problem solve
- Meets with the supervisor in accordance with program and licensing requirements.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to address client-related issues.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to address performance issues and concerns.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to explore professional development and training needs.
Program Quality Requirements
- Meets obligations of the program (contractual, licensing, Medicaid, etc.).
- Follows program policies and procedures and encourages the same in others.
- Educates self on issues impacting the program population.
- Operates conscientiously in accordance with program budget (i.e., use of client engaging funds, office supplies).
- Completes and submits accurate written reports and documentation per established guidelines.
- Ensures quality and accuracy of written and verbal communications.
- Submits documentation within program requirements.
- Attends agency and program meetings and training within established time frames.
- Plays an active role in meetings and training designed to enhance agency and program operations.
Client Interaction Requirements
- Provides culturally competent service delivery.
- Upholds ethical standards in accordance with the Social Work Code of Ethics.
- Effectively engages all client populations.
- Continually assesses clients' needs.
- Provides appropriate intervention strategies and adjusts services accordingly.
Care Manager Necessary Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, be dependable, reliable and work well independently.
- Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
- Must be able to analyze work, set goals, develop plans and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
- Must regularly be able to see, speak and hear. Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, bend, use hands and arms and must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients.
Acenda's Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Acenda Integrated Health is committed to equal opportunity in employment. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Acenda's support of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) brings together a diverse workforce to successfully achieve our mission of moving lives forward in the community. Acenda is an equal opportunity employer, we aim to create a productive workplace, where all workforce members feel engaged and valued. As part of Acenda, you play an important role in supporting our commitment to DEI throughout the organization.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Acenda Integrated Health
HealthcareView all jobs at Acenda Integrated Health
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?