Adult Residential Counselor - Cape May County
Acenda Health Jobs Cape May Court House, NJ
- Expired: December 02, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Overview:The Residential Counselor provides for the safety and security of adult clients within the residential setting by promoting a healthful and supportive environment.
Services: TheResidential Counselor provides supervision and direction to individual clients per their recovery plan 100% of the time.
To qualify for theResidential Counselorposition you need to have the below minimum requirements and experience
- Required is a High school diploma or equivalent, plus four years related mental health experience may be substituted for degree.
- Preferred is a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a mental health, health or other appropriate human services related discipline with knowledge of and experience with the chronic mentally ill adult population.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
To be a successfulResidential Counseloryou must be able to do the following essential duties and responsibilities always:
- Functions within the agency's policies and procedures.
- Operates according to the program operations manual.
- Meets communication requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets supervision requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets program quality requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
- Meets client interaction requirements as outlined in job expectations section below.
Residential Counselor Job Expectations
- Communicates programmatic or job-related concerns to supervisor and makes suggestions for improvement in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Communicates any performance concerns or training needs to the supervisor in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Conducts self in a professional manner that positively reflects the agency culture.
- Demonstrates competent written and verbal communication with referral sources and external customers.
- Is attentive and responsive to customer needs in a helpful, supportive and timely manner.
- Works collaboratively with coworkers and agency staff to effectively communicate and problem solve
- Meets with the supervisor in accordance with program and licensing requirements.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to address client related issues.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to address performance issues and concerns.
- Utilizes supervision effectively to explore professional development and training needs.
Program Quality Requirements
- Supervises clients' self medication and documents.
- Participates in the development of recovery plans for those clients residing in A+ group homes.
- Assists in the maintenance of group homes and vehicles.
- Completes and reviews documentation relating to client care within and outside of the residential department and completes documentation per policy (i.e., progress notes, house logs, communication logs, medical contact forms and information notes).
- Conducts monthly fire drills according to designated schedule, policy and procedure.
- Provides transportation essential to maintaining clients' health and wellness; Adult Partial Care, medical appointments, grocery shopping, personal needs shopping, community activities and other institutions rendering direct care services.
- Provides crisis intervention services. Not to include crisis intervention counseling.
- Attends educational and trainings/workshops/seminars as instructed by program manager.
- Maintains a working knowledge of equipment and supplies in the group home including utilization, maintenance and safety.
- Completes and submits progress notes as assigned to house monitor.
- Understanding that you have been hired to work in a group home that is designated as being Level A+ Care by New Jersey Department of Mental Health Services. By definition, A+ Level of care means, regarding licensed group homes, family care homes or supervised apartments, community mental health rehabilitation services are provided to consumer residents 24 hours per day, seven days per week. This includes awake, overnight staff coverage.
- Plans, executes and skill building activities and groups for clients.
- Ensures environment of care meets requirements as outlined by the New Jersey Department of Mental Health Services
Client Interaction Requirements
- Provides culturally competent service delivery.
- Upholds ethical standards in accordance with the Social Work Code of Ethics.
- Effectively engages all client populations.
- Continually assesses clients' needs.
- Provides appropriate intervention strategies and adjusts services accordingly.
Necessary Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, be dependable, reliable and work well independently.
- Must be able to exercise independent thinking and good judgment under all circumstances.
- Must be able to analyze work, set goals, develop plans and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
- Must regularly be able to see, speak and hear. Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, bend, use hands and arms and must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients.