Early Learning Inclusion Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you a socially conscious, dedicated individual who is committed to building a better future for children, families, and their communities? If so, join us as we support early childhood education programs across the country to create positive outcomes for the children and families served.We are seeking an experienced Early Learning Inclusion Specialist. In this role, you will work as part of a team to ensure school readiness for the children we serve, including those with disabilities and special needs.
* Ensure full implementation of all aspects of Acelero Learning's Early Learning methodology and system of recordkeeping, reporting, and ongoing monitoring. This includes using the Early Learning Inclusion Specialist Success * Rubric (ELIS-SR) to self assess and set goals for continual growth
* Support Center Directors in coaching and mentoring of teaching staff using CLASS, the Teacher Success Rubric and other teaching performance tools reliably (e. g. TPOT/TIPITOS and ERS)
* Support Center Directors in effectively facilitating professional learning communities related to curriculum planning and assessment data
* Support teaching staff in all areas of educational quality, in particular implementing differentiated instruction for children with special needs or challenging behaviors
* Ensure timely identification, referral, identified services and transition support for children with disabilities
* Participate in ongoing recruitment of children with disabilities by establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with LEA and Part C agencies
* Work with Center Directors and Teachers to apply and analyze performance-based assessment data with the goal of utilizing results for planning and individualizing instruction
* Track and analyze child outcomes and program quality assessment data; use the data to make program development recommendations
* Assist the education team in planning and implementing comprehensive, differentiated, and sequential professional development for education staff
* Assist in the interviewing, on-boarding, coaching, and training of teaching staff and Center Directors
* Provide coverage for the Center Directors when needed
* Assist in the collaboration and coordination within education team and across service areas and initiatives
* Participate in leadership activities and meetings as appropriate
* Recognize that your job description is service area specific and that a successful employee upholds the overall employment standards outlined in the Employee Handbook and specifically, but not limited to: confidentiality, child abuse reporting, attendance and dependability, appropriate dress, customer service and support to all families, prudent use of program resources, and promoting and maintaining a safe environment for children, families and staff
* Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education OR Bachelor's degree in related field with at least six (6) courses in early childhood education and experience teaching preschool aged children OR state awarded preschool teaching certification with experience teaching preschool aged children; Master's degree preferred
* Certification in special education required and bilingual education preferred
* A passion for achieving positive child and family outcomes through high quality educational services
* Previous experience teaching, supervising and coaching in an early childhood setting, serving children with disabilities
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, in a number of forums
* Ability to multi-task, work independently, efficiently organize and communicate effectively with off-site supervisors
* Reliability in CLASS and ECERS-R preferred
* Ability to obtain reliability in CLASS and/or ECERS-R within first year of employment
* Prior Head Start experience preferred
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
* Previous experience with collaborations and community partnerships preferred
* Valid driver's license with reliable transportation with state-mandated minimum insurance coverage(s) on your vehicle and the ability to travel out of state on occasion
* Proficiency with technology such as video cameras, Microsoft Office, and databases
* Ability to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day if needed
* Ability to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid
* Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screenThis position earns up to 65,222.64 Annually
Why Acelero Learning or Shine Early Learning?
- Ability to make an impact in the lives of the children, families, and partners we serve
- Career growth and professional development opportunities
- Supportive working environment
- Average of 5 weeks of paid time off during 1st year of employment
- Comprehensive benefits, including 401K matching and 100% vesting program
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
Still have questions about this role or our company? Submit an anonymous question by copying and pasting this link, https://forms.gle/8Wb1t1bQVZi2SfxQ9, into your browser.
Or feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for considering employment with us!
EducationView all jobs at Acelero Learning
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?