Assistant Manager, Store Sales
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Assistant Store Sales Manager
Reports to: Store Sales Manager
Payroll Status: Exempt
The Assistant Manager will support the Store Sales Manager in the daily operations of a store. The role is to guide, direct, and develop associates to provide first-class customer service and offer solutions to customers that drive sales to Ace Mart. An effective Assistant Manager will place a high priority on increasing profitability, improving customer service, and decreasing costs. All employees are expected to adhere to Ace Mart business philosophy, guidelines and policies as laid out in the ACE MART MISSION STATEMENT, Employee Handbook, Standard Operating Procedures Manual, and Safety Program.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist the Store Sales Manager in the daily operation and management of the store and its team by coaching, directing, counseling, teaching, training, and evaluating the team members.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a customer-friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding merchandising standards, exceptional product knowledge, and all other components of customer service.
- Maintains adequate store staffing by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training new employees.
- Manage employee attendance by reviewing punch details, vacations, emergency leave, sick time, etc., and enforcing the policies of the Employee Handbook.
- Prepare and review achievements, evaluations, and disciplinary notices with team members.
- Ensure inventory accuracy by managing cycle counts, count corrections, negative lists, hold tickets, factory return authorizations, zero sales, lost sales, etc.
- Direct daily merchandising, cleaning, and aisle maintenance.
- Coach store associates on proper pricing of special orders and quotations.
- Monitors associate sales productivity by reviewing CRM and Quote activity.
- Minimize loss by coaching, directing, and reviewing the following programs/polices: safety, returns, delivery, and daily sales reconciliation.
- Coordinate the redistribution and delivery systems of the warehouse to include transportation issues (i.e. carriers, rentals, maintenance of Ace Mart delivery vehicle, etc.), completion of paperwork requirements (i.e. bill of ladings, transfers, etc.), training of warehouse personnel on policy and delivery procedures, review the delivery schedule for timing, zoning, mileage, etc. and follow up with the delivery customers. (Applicable to Assistant Managers in stores with attached market distribution centers.)
- Performs other duties assigned by the Store Sales Manager.
- Excellence in Time Management
- Positive Attitude
- Sets and Meets Goals
- Financial Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Customer/Client Focus
- Learning Orientation
- Performance Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Temperatures ranging from 35 to 95.
- Noisy atmosphere (phones, trucks, overhead pages, fans, etc.)
- High exposure to dust.
- Pass a pre-employment physical exam and drug screening.
- Stand and walk up to eight (8) hours daily.
- Lift and lower boxes and objects 35” from the floor.
- 1-25 pounds 25 times daily
- 26-50 pounds 10 times daily
- Bend and stoop daily.
- Operate a computer up to eight hours at a time.
- Communicate via telephone and email daily.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with a schedule to include Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with rotating Saturdays.
This position requires limited travel.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 3 years of management experience preferable.
- Retail, restaurant/hotel industry and/or sales experience helpful.
- At least one year of continuous employment within some facet of the company.
Ace Mart Restaurant Supply is an equal opportunity employer.
Ace Mart Restaurant Supply
RetailView all jobs at Ace Mart Restaurant Supply